Hector

Said it in the matchday thread - in the short time he's been here I honestly (and this sounds like hyperbole, but I mean it)... I honestly don't recall one single thing getting past him that he had even a 60% chance of stopping. I'm sure there HAVE been slip-ups but he's as reliable as we've got, and then some.

He needs loooooooads of work in terms of his touch on the ball (and yet he never looks stressed or flappy on it, unlike some much more senior players, even though he must know it's his Achilles heel)...but as a stopper/spoiler, the lad's absolutely ridiculous. A skinny colossus at 26.

We messed up massively with Venancio and Sasso, in my view. Now I'm not saying we've necessarily got the option to keep MH, I don't know - but if we get even half a sniff we need to take it.

It'd be criminal for him to rot on the Chelsea 'bench' (not even bench) without getting a chance - totally unfair. Already feel like he could be a Roland/Carlton/Viv-level hero here, and likely end up in the Prem on merit as a result anyway, with or without us.

Bit premature all this, of course, and I'm deliberately letting myself get carried away - but seriously, as a pure tackler he's one of the most natural-looking defenders I've seen at S6 in a really, REALLY long time.

He just seems like a total wall; I genuinely feel quite confident every time someone attacks towards him, and that's mighty unusual.

Absolutely loving it.

Well done Michael Hector. POM twice in a row? Somebody would surely have to take notice.

Edit: also, if he doesn't keep his place now, then yeah ok Jos has lost his miiiiiiiiind

Edited by Mr. Tom