Well Done, Dawson

In the face of adversity and under immense pressure, it's very impressive to say the least that Dawson kept a clean sheet away at Bramall Lane tonight.

A penalty save and a few other good saves mixed in for good measure should do wonders for his confidence.

Hopefully the first of many now...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Heard some absolutely horrendous b@lls from the Sky analysis team tonight, but in the middle of the Bluntshuffle this was on point:

"Most saves in the Championship.

Wednesday fan who's come through the academy and been there a long time.

Under massive pressure.

Did them proud tonight."

Word.

Only the muppets have been jumping on Cammy,s back ,

made more saves than any keeper in the division , that tells you what is happening in front of him .

This lad will be a Top Top keeper 

Loved his interview at the end . 

• Thanks 1

I think tonight was perhaps the first time all season that Dawson has had a genuinely effective defence in front of him, and the end result was a clean sheet.

Other than the penalty, we mostly limited United to shots from range, which although dangerous, Dawson would have expected to save. It was a far cry from some of the catastrophic defending which has seen him hung out to dry by some of our experienced defenders in recent weeks.

We're going to need to ally that newfound defensive solidity with a more attacking outlook if we're to win many games of football, but at least it gives us something to build on.

He's the future, feel so sorry for him being stuck behind such a pathetic excuse of a defence for nearly 20 games, to still have made the most saves in the league still shows he's got something. He's got massive b0llocks to perform like he has tonight, beautiful handling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Contrary to others I think some of the criticism has been justified. But in

a huge game he’s had a stormer and stood up to all sorts of pressure, even claiming confidently. The occasion suited him and hopefully a huge turning point for him. 

The United bench were already celebrating when the penalty was given, no doubt anticipating the imminent opening of the flood gates. As you say, that penalty save was a huge moment in the game and potentially his career as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He's the future, feel so sorry for him being stuck behind such a pathetic excuse of a defence for nearly 20 games, to still have made the most saves in the league still shows he's got something. He's got massive b0llocks to perform like he has tonight, beautiful handling.

Always thought this, and it's why he gets the nod ahead of Joe who is also an excellent goalkeeper.

Genuinely occurred to me as the teams came out tonight, he looked the least clammy-nervy but the most steely-determined.

Lad's a hard nut. I like him. Ideal replacement for Westy, who I also adore but he's gone.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Always thought this, and it's why he gets the nod ahead of Joe who is also an excellent goalkeeper.

Genuinely occurred to me as the teams came out tonight, he looked the least clammy but the most steely-determined.

Lad's a hard nut. I like him.

I've been thinking the same, everyone has been saying poor management but Jos knows them on a personal level. Dawson doesn't seem phased by anything, head never drops, and tonight he'll be feeling on top of the world. I like Wildsmith but Dawson has never dropped a b0llock like Joe.

• Like 1