Jump to content
Markowski77

Contract it is.......

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Good points raised as ever but dont you think he could've stopped this now huge snow ball by just being honest and brief by just stating there is a contractual issue rather then just make excuses ?

Jos being professional as you say has just come back to create a huge disruption from the fans and media.

 

 

I could reply with another fairly lengthy answer but bottom line is... yes. He could have done. And unprofessional or otherwise, he should have done too IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm calling him a puppet because he should just come out and tell how it is if it's contractual and not say he's  injured or suddenly the third best keeper at the club.

 

Maybe that's true?

We haven't seen the Westwood we all fondly remember as one of the best keepers in this division since the 16/17 season... he was relatively poor when he played last year and has suffered injuries since, and despite all the criticism of Dawson (whether it's the GK's fault or not, the lack of clean sheets is alarming) I think he's done reasonably well. Maybe Westwood's deteriorated more than he nor we are comfortable admitting and Jos' relatively fresh eyes has had a more objective look. Maybe he's lying to us and he doesn't like Westwood's attitude, or is just making up excuses because of this alleged contract issue. I'm not gonna pretend it isn't a possibilty. But I'm not convinced that's the case.

 

Jos came here with a reputation for two things: Coming in and shaking things up by completely ignoring reputation, and not taking any BS from his chairman. It just seems odd to me to jump to the conclusion that he's doing the former while sacrificing the latter. Balance of probability says he's doing both. If Jos wants to get employed after this job then the best way of doing that is to leave a club that's struggling financially into a more stable situation... for that he's got to think in a longer-term timeframe and cut the club's cloth. Ultimately it comes down to whether you trust Jos when he says how good Westwood is these days. And like I said... I'm not gonna assume he's abandoned one of the two principles he's got a reputation for. 

 

Very aware I could have some serious egg on my face in a few months' time...

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If Michael Brown knows them I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge within the game.

yes you would think so, but business' making a ballsup, n' being pink lint is something they like shouting about.

also by the looks of it we're grasping anything that's floating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club has no obligation, and the fans have no right to demand, certain information. And the idea that they should release this in response to certain situations is simply a means of getting these details in piecemeal fashion rather than all at once. But I suppose it"s partially a product of the world we live in.

 

But when they do make announcements, all that happens is a storm of speculation, conspiracy and fantasy anyway. So the club is in a no-win situation. This is especially true at the moment with so many disgruntled at where we are right now.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The club has no obligation, and the fans have no right to demand, certain information. And the idea that they should release this in response to certain situations is simply a means of getting these details in piecemeal fashion rather than all at once. But I suppose it"s partially a product of the world we live in.

 

But when they do make announcements, all that happens is a storm of speculation, conspiracy and fantasy anyway. So the club is in a no-win situation. This is especially true at the moment with so many disgruntled at where we are right now.

 

Don’t agree if the fans had been told months ago if true this could have probably been accepted by most fans and put to bed ,

instead it’s caused wild  speculation and lies from the club ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The club has no obligation, and the fans have no right to demand, certain information. And the idea that they should release this in response to certain situations is simply a means of getting these details in piecemeal fashion rather than all at once. But I suppose it"s partially a product of the world we live in.

 

But when they do make announcements, all that happens is a storm of speculation, conspiracy and fantasy anyway. So the club is in a no-win situation. This is especially true at the moment with so many disgruntled at where we are right now.

 

So why bother saying hes injured then in the first place?

Why have a vote whether we keep the prices high and keep the players or drop them and pay less, what was all that about then?

Its called interaction, it's healthy, most clubs do it.

 

Oh yeah I forgot, we have a steering meeting that some who are handpicked to attend has to be able to nod and say how high sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what if he stays for an other 18 months?

 

He will still be one of the best keepers in the league then.

 

Ship has sailed now though, what a disgraceful way Chansiri has handled this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shireowl said:

Don’t agree if the fans had been told months ago if true this could have probably been accepted by most fans and put to bed ,

instead it’s caused wild  speculation and lies from the club ...

 

Prove it or retract it.  

Nobody credible will take the word of a football insider as gospel.  They're the biggest load of gossips on the planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Na...he doesnt have to go into detail or tell us about every other players terms etc but seeing as everyone is talking about such a senior decent player has been left out to rot then personally I feel the fans have a right to know seeing as weve stumped up 700 quid for a ST?

In any of the professional circles (Law, Medical, Banking etc. etc.) it would be considered breach of confidentiality. Not only is that unprofessional and likely to result in disciplinary action against the person leaking the information, it is also actionable under civil law.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

In any of the professional circles (Law, Medical, Banking etc. etc.) it would be considered breach of confidentiality. Not only is that unprofessional and likely to result in disciplinary action against the person leaking the information, it is also actionable under civil law.

Like I said earlier, he doesnt have to get the documents out for us but could just state what the issue is rather then saying he's injured.

 

Contract Issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Like I said earlier, he doesnt have to get the documents out for us but could just state what the issue is rather then saying he's injured.

 

Contract Issue?

Depending on the wording of the contract, even talking about it in those terms might be construed as breach of confidentiality.

 

Just leave well alone. In any event, Jos is right Dawson is the future. Westwood is 34 and has had major injury problems in the past 12 months and therefore even though recovered from the injury may not be the player he was (or thinks he is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Like I said earlier, he doesnt have to get the documents out for us but could just state what the issue is rather then saying he's injured.

 

Contract Issue?

 

Or you could just accept that it is not your right to know every little detail? Personally, I think this notion of limited information is something of a fantasy. All it would do is encourage the next step of questioning with ever greater degrees of magnification.

 

Don"t get me wrong; I'm not suggesting the club have dealt with these issues always in the best way (it"s necessary to put this due to the binary outlook of many posters) but some things need to be kept in house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Or you could just accept that it is not your right to know every little detail? Personally, I think this notion of limited information is something of a fantasy. All it would do is encourage the next step of questioning with ever greater degrees of magnification.

 

Don"t get me wrong; I'm not suggesting the club have dealt with these issues always in the best way (it"s necessary to put this due to the binary outlook of many posters) but some things need to be kept in house.

I totally agree that certain things need to be kept in house, and transfer fee's/ contracts usually are, however I feel this case is a little different, when the team is sliding down the table and senior players are missing then naturally fans will ask where they are?, even Hinchcliffe alluded to this the other night, local press has asked and got FA.

 

Whatever or whichever way you look at it its been handled bad and is full of inconsistencies which has angered the fans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

 

Prove it or retract it.  

Nobody credible will take the word of a football insider as gospel.  They're the biggest load of gossips on the planet.

I don’t think you’d have pundits on sky sports talking about it, if it was indeed just gossip. When has that happened before? I’ve never heard Neville, redknapp etc going off rumours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t think you’d have pundits on sky sports talking about it, if it was indeed just gossip. When has that happened before? I’ve never heard Neville, redknapp etc going off rumours 

 

Deaf?  Brown is as credible a source on our contracts as you and me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sham67 said:

 

Deaf?  Brown is as credible a source on our contracts as you and me.

Well I’ve never come across it, and surely it’s somewhere in their contract with sky that stops them confirming rumours etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

It looks like a form of constructive dismissal to me - I would ponder the legalities if I was Westwood (of course taking into consideration whether or not it's actually true).

 

More concerning would be what kind of numpty would agree such a contract clause that would kick in years down the line? I guess football's a law in to itself. :rolleyes:

 

He will be being paid what his contracts says.

 

Nothing says the club have to play him.

 

Constructive dismissal ?

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

 

Prove it or retract it.  

Nobody credible will take the word of a football insider as gospel.  They're the biggest load of gossips on the planet.

We was told at the meeting that contracts was nothing to do with players being left out was we not ? 

Ence my IF TRUE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...