SHEFFIELD UNITED vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

15 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I just can't help but feel absolutely gutted at how shocking our whole club is now compared to only a couple of seasons ago.

We are setting out to nick a draw against Sheffield United. Absolutely gutting to be proud of a 0-0 against such a team. 

Watching tonight just left me feeling bitter as to how far backwards we've gone. 

We talk as though we lost against a crap team. Has anyone looked at the League Table recently.? Look at the facts. We were playing against the club lying third in the Championship, and some 15 points higher than us, on their turf, with their support at its best. We were prior to the game the only club to have failed to keep a clean sheet. Who but either an idiot or a Wednesdayite would have forecast anything but a win for Utd,yet we come away with our first clean sheet, having saved a penalty, AND STILL WE MOAN!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mrmason69 said:

Well done tonight Wednesday. Solid defending for the first time this season.

Lets build on this and move forward. 

Good result 

Exactly, terrible from a genuinely competitive perspective but we've been on such a stinker you've gotta take the positives here. If you don't, you just LOVE being miserable IMO.

First proper committed performance in a while, that's not nowt. It's summat.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Exactly, terrible from a genuinely competitive perspective but we've been on such a stinker you've gotta take the positives here. If you don't, you just LOVE being miserable IMO.

First proper committed performance in a while, that's not nowt. It's summat.

Agree-they really fought for it.

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

We talk as though we lost against a crap team. Has anyone looked at the League Table recently.? Look at the facts. We were playing against the club lying third in the Championship, and some 15 points higher than us, on their turf, with their support at its best. We were prior to the game the only club to have failed to keep a clean sheet. Who but either an idiot or a Wednesdayite would have forecast anything but a win for Utd,yet we come away with our first clean sheet, having saved a penalty, AND STILL WE MOAN!  

I don't think you read my post, at all. Imagine 3 seasons ago if we were praying to hold on against them, like we are tonight. THAT is my point here.

WHOOOOSSHHHH

Some people would have taken a small defeat pre kickoff....that's where we were at. A draw, a clean sheet and some good attitudes are positives but let's be honest. It's just a decorating job in the scheme of things.

Papering-Over-The-Cracks.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millhouses said:

You made my point perfectly. Jos is clueless. The players know that, 

We don't know that. And the collapse was by players who were on paper reasonable but we know they are declining. Tonight was a defensive performance, over defensive perhaps, a defensive performance of quality with a more defensive line up.

46 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol  People are celebrating this... makes you wonder eh ?

Yeah 2 and a half years on from the Brighton home game we are celebrating a clean sheet against the blades and mustering 1 feeble effort on target... after jizzing about 30million on players.

Only at Wednesday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/11/2018 at 21:58, Slogboy said:

He's a young lad learning his trade in a position that's not natural to him. He ran lots and played his part. Bannan gave the ball away more than Penney tonight

Bannan ran like Forest Gump tho, he was everywhere!