SHEFFIELD UNITED vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

I just can't help but feel absolutely gutted at how shocking our whole club is now compared to only a couple of seasons ago.

We are setting out to nick a draw against Sheffield United. Absolutely gutting to be proud of a 0-0 against such a team. 

Watching tonight just left me feeling bitter as to how far backwards we've gone. 

Humiliating performance isn't as bad as a humiliating defeat that Utd celebrate for the next 40 years (like BDM)

Also, good to see the lads can be physical.

It's easy for the manager to be sacked after a defeat, but I think it would show strength from the chairman if tonight was Jos's last match.   Good result, but not what we need going forward. 

Just now, Watford_owl said:

Not good enough. Possession was awful movement awful. This might be bad as I genuinely think we will go down unless there is a change in philosophy on how the game is run. This was luck not skill. Penalty will normally go in. Hope it makes a difference to confidence but somhow I think this will  prolong our misery. The team has no plan no movement forward for 95% of the game. Luck is not skill. This was not making your own luck. 

God some of you are winging buggers. Lets take the positives and use this clean sheet to move forward and build on what today was a sound defensive performance. Pen was a dive.. So luck on bad luck. 

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

I just can't help but feel absolutely gutted at how shocking our whole club is now compared to only a couple of seasons ago.

We are setting out to nick a draw against Sheffield United. Absolutely gutting to be proud of a 0-0 against such a team. 

Watching tonight just left me feeling bitter as to how far backwards we've gone. 

More concerned about last week's defensive collapse. JL's response very good tonight.

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

God some of you are winging buggers. Lets take the positives and use this clean sheet to move forward and build on what today was a sound defensive performance. Pen was a dive.. So luck on bad luck. 

Can you see where the next win is coming from?

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Very few saves actually and it was a soft hit penalty. Well played though.

He was commanding on crosses and caught rather than flapped. He did what he had to do well and saved a pen. Best player bar McGoldrick who them clowns took off!

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The thing is, I can see that people are pleased with the defending... yes... superb..

BUT

It cannot continue. 

1 point in 15

Whilst on the face of it, 1point is no good.  I agree with you on that front.

However, taking in the result within the context we find ourselves in, is a great result imo. 

Almost a carbon copy of the last derby - a backs to the wall, away-team performance that was necessitated by our grim form heading into the game. It’s the sort of result where we can be pleased with the clean sheet, less pleased with the approach we had to take, but we can move on and hope we’ll be in better shape by the time they come to Hillsborough.

10 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Great result that and its about time we started showing some respect to our opponents. If we'd have gone out guns blazing they'd have torn us apart. Its what they want and we held firm and stucl together and got a point away from home against a team who are flying through the league at the minute.

A win would have been better but we shouldn't be disappointed with that result. 

The squad showed they are behind the manager and really fought for him today. 

They fought for the fans, he is a very unpopular manager