SHEFFIELD UNITED vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

Happy with that half-time score and the application but.......we are laboured as usual and our ball retention is so so poor, as it has been for several years. Also, we set up defensively and still concede multiple chances, I could live with it if we were dull and restricted the opposition's chances. 

In contrast, UTD's play was incisive, purposeful and dare I say it slick at times, I don't say that as a compliment, I say it as a fact.

We're still in it and on that basis, anything can happen. 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

I thought you were following it on here?

Dont welcome positive comments?

I am following it on here...I'm also getting texts from folk who are there...Ive also watched it all bloody season mate...

Its not a question of looking for positive comments..Its a question of drawing with United is a "Brilliant" result somehow..The fact that it is..depresses the f.ook outta me...cos we have players capable of doing better who are either on the bench, or for one dubiuos reason or another are sat wiv their f.ookin' feet up

3 minutes ago, striker said:

That's what happens when we have a different team every week. 

That's the big difference for me they have cohesion and look like a team. Some of the little inter passing is excellent while we look a bit disjointed AGAIN and allover the place, but that said can't knock the lads as they've put a shift in that first half and it's STILL all to play for in the second half, hopefully the natives will start to get restless and they begin to run out of steam. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Fox clipped his foot it was a penalty 

He didn't put a challenge in, Duffy flicked his ankle out to GET contact, Fox's only other option was literally run in the opposite direction. As the defender you are NOT obliged to get out of the way of an oncoming attacker. You aren't allowed to trip them up, which FOX didn't do. Duffy did.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dan1980 said:

Defending well least we showing a bit of bottle.hate to say it but utd are a good side

I've been saying it for weeks 

IMO they are the best footballing side in the division i might not like that to be the case but it just is 

Ally that with the luck they have with pens and they are fairly potent 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think if pen went in United would probably have got a couple more in first half.

But just about deserve 0-0 at break for the effort shown.

Could have been horrific had that gone in, hopefully Dawson’s confidence will be boosted by that save. We’ve still been bobbar though - how busy has their keeper been in comparison?

Not good enough for me, teams putting in a shift (shouldn't they every game) but we are better than simply defending for our life. We have good players more than capable of going toe to toe with these, we have barely put 2 passes together. 

New system and manager required regardless of the outcome of this match imo.