SHEFFIELD UNITED vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

Just now, Stoop said:

Need Joao on for Fox

Really? I was just thinking literally the opposite. Love Lucas but last 20min at best here - can't see him diving into tackles and fighting for every ball. We are clinging on here because everyone's doing just that.

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Get behind what ? Are you watching this display ?

Seriously?

What were you expecting from tonight? 

We're low on confidence, they are 3rd in the league with their tails up.

We've done exceptionally well to get in at HT without conceding, not many teams have done that at the Lane - let alone one in the position we are at the minute.

Performances like this galvanise the team and give confidence. Full of commitment, putting ourselves on the line and showing we aren't as bad as you may believe. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

We're battling, but that's about it. More professional pride from the players than any game plan.

We look lost and with no direction. 

Definitely, we haven’t been this bad for years, we have the players now, its not like the injury crisis, its horrible to watch us perform like this for no good reason. We have to be the most inconsistent team in this league. 

Just now, Matt_1 said:

Baker needs help although I'm not sure how you defend when the overlapping is coming from CB's.

Delighted that he in particular has got to half time without us conceding. I'd honestly be terrified in his shoes tonight, that'll do him an absolute world of good.

Goodness.  That was pretty much backs to the wall for 44 minutes and 30 seconds.  

If they score, I see little way back, but we have defended resolutely apart from a couple of scary moments from Hector and Fox.

Come on Wednesday, see it out!

Well and truly battered that half, but it remains 0-0 somehow.

They are playing very, very well, and on the odd occasion we have got firward, we are slow and ponderous. But after the last few weeks defending, both individually and collectively, the players have really dug deep.

Goid luck boys for the next 45 minutes.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Defensively we have done well in that first half. Too much space behind Baker though which we need to stop. Problem is when we go one down, and we will, it’s all over.

Well done Dawson too. I’ve slagged him this season but that was a superb penalty save after a total dive!

HT 0-0

I'll take that.  My biggest worry before the game was the first half as they like to start strong.  

Game is still very much wide open.  Alright, we haven't created too many chances, but all we need is one.  

Hector, Dawson and Reach have been standout players so far. 

I would look to get Joao on, alongside Fletcher.   

I reckon we can go on and win this.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Definitely, we haven’t been this bad for years, we have the players now, its not like the injury crisis, its horrible to watch us perform like this for no good reason. We have to be the most inconsistent team in this league. 

That's what happens when we have a different team every week. 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Commentators slightly biased.

Only just though

They're being realistic.

We were generally OK against Leeds. Looking at that first half just goes to show how far we've gone backwards.