Fletcher up for the derby

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/november/up-for-the-derby/

Large

It’s derby day on Friday and Steven Fletcher has spoken passionately ahead of Wednesday’s trip to Bramall Lane.

While the Owls are looking for a spark to reignite their campaign after four straight defeats, the Scotland international says the S2 derby clash could be the perfect tonic to turn things around.

With the stakes high and all eyes on the Steel City clash, Fletcher says these are the games you want to play as professionals, explaining;

“The mood is still high, the boys are upbeat, it’s a massive game and we are looking forward to it.

“If you don’t look forward to a game like this then you’re in the wrong job.

“It will be a fantastic atmosphere and it’s a good game for us to go into.”

fletcher_villa.jpg

Fresh from his recall to the Scotland squad, the 31-year-old firmly believes that Friday presents the perfect opportunity to bounce back and he continued:

“If you can’t get up for these games, then like I said you’re in the wrong job and we are looking forward to it.

“This is a good game to put things right.

“To lose four games on the bounce is never nice but if there’s somewhere to put it right, then Bramall Lane would be a good place to start.”

• Like 1

Glad to see people finally recognising the job and effort Fletcher gives 

Yeah he’s an high earner but you ha e to remember he was a free transfer and a player of his quality at the time we signed him would have cost us what we’ll have spent on wages at the end of his contract in a few alone 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Glad to see people finally recognising the job and effort Fletcher gives 

Yeah he’s an high earner but you ha e to remember he was a free transfer and a player of his quality at the time we signed him would have cost us what we’ll have spent on wages at the end of his contract in a few alone 

I see Sid Kidney's teckin his time with his negs today Ash lol 

FFP
FFS

• Haha 2

Just love it. Im spaffing over the comments by BB and now SF that they are up for it and, to top it all FF and MM might be in the squad also. Im spaffing mad.

Agree with the above, Fletch has to start every game when fit for me, always puts a shift in & offers so much more

we need to use his height/strength more, that's why I want us to stop fannying at the back & go more direct, Fletch to win the ball for Joao (if he can be arsed)

Then when Joao puts in another CBA performance, nando can come on on 60 mins, or if Joao decides to turn up then he'll be on a hat-trick so can leave him on then lol