Fernando and Marco

All this bringing back players in U23 games hasn't really worked because they seem to end up getting injured again in those games anyway. 

FF on the bench would be a nice surprise and a boost and would give the Snortbeasts something to think about.

Won't happen though.

17 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Get them in 

This could make or break turning round our season - a win against this lot before intl break and with them two back in side, we have a whole new dynamic 

Since the 4-2 last season we’ve not been the same I believe a win would turn that tide again and gloom lifted and we kick on again well I hope

I think he needs to have both in squad Friday too give everyone a lift.also his own job at stake that’s why I think both players will be in the team cause he needs a good result and get everyone back on his side and get the blue and white wizards playing again

25 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Shouldn't be rushing injured players back. We hounded CC for this yet we're asking Jos to do the same.

Just look at what good that did to Kieren Lee. One of my favourite Wednesday players who I fear I'll never see play for us again

I think putting them on the subs bench would be no bad thing though. Sends a bit of a message to the opposition

If both are in training with the squad and doing the whole session without problem they should play some part. They haven't been out that long that they will have lost all their fitness. If someone is out for 6 months they will need U23 games but both these players have played a part this season. 

52 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Imagine FF and Hutchinson being named on the bench and the buzz it’d create

Even Carlos would Put a player on the bench or starting XI from the wilderness every so often! It might have been highly irresponsible, but at least we had false hope! :biggrin:

That would be a brilliant thing to happen for Fridays game. I would be very surprised if that stubborn sod Jos would do that though. Be surprised if we see Hutch in the team again while Jos is the manager. 

• Like 1

Although jos drives us all mad with his line ups, I have a feeling somethings changed and it’s time for him to make a gamble now.

His job is almost definitely on the line if we get hammered, so reckon we might see one or both involved. Time to roll the dice jossy boy.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Even though they've trained and are probably capable of playing 30 minutes each, Jos will want them to prove themselves in a couple of U23 games. No worries Jos, there's no rush.

You've hit the nail on the head. Whether you meant to or not ?

:luhukay: doesn't seem in a rush to do anything. 

Here we all are wanting immediate improvement but Jos is on no hurry. His job is probably safe.

It could all end for Jos where it started though at the same time it could be a new beginning with the right players, performance and result and I don't think he has much to lose really taking a few risks here and there.

The players available to play last time out in this game came together, dug in and came close to nicking it even with 10 men at the end and it was set up for them giving us a hiding similar to this time.

Wilder has been hinting about their togetherness over our splits in the ranks already in the build up to the game but he's not daft and must be fearful of some of our better players turning out and turning on some magic, our youngsters playing without fear and a bit of belief and confidence returning amongst everyone in the most unlikely of places.

Derby games are levellers and they know and have generally benefitted from that more than us in recent times.

They aren't worldbeaters and we aren't totallywank either if we turn up, in fact we can give most teams a game which has added to some folks' frustration.

Just turn up, get out there and first and foremost win your battle, get some space to do what your capable of and go down in history.  FFS if Leon Clarke is capable of doing that then we have a good few who can do the same or better too on the night.

Give them something to worry about early and their beer will soon wear off - same as ours did last year in our home banker.