5-4-1 for United?

After going to every game this season except qpr + brentford I think our best chance would be this formation against the blunts with the following team.

Dawson

Palmer lees hector pudil penney

Reach bannan onomah pelupessy 

Fletcher.

In an ideal world I would have Hutchinson and Westwood in for dawson and pelupessy but we all know thats not going to happen under this manager.

Joao and nuhiu on bench and thorniley + fox with whoever else is fit. I would be optimistic we could get a result with this team and formation if the players dig in. Be nice to sit forestieri there even if not fit enough to play. Lets hope we can do the business. 

Nah...if we go too defensive they can just push their entire team into our half and we won't last long under constant pressure.

I'd rather go 433 and at least give them something to think about.

Go down swinging rather than with a whimper.

Attaaaack!!!!

29 minutes ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

After going to every game this season except qpr + brentford I think our best chance would be this formation against the blunts with the following team.

Dawson

Fletcher.

In an ideal world I would have Hutchinson and Westwood in for dawson and pelupessy but we all know thats not going to happen under this manager.

Joao and nuhiu on bench and thorniley + fox with whoever else is fit. I would be optimistic we could get a result with this team and formation if the players dig in. Be nice to sit forestieri there even if not fit enough to play. Lets hope we can do the business. 

As we were walking out of the ground on Saturday I said this too apart from having Thorniley or Fox on the left and Penney further forward on the left.

No Onomah for me in this game.

Fernando on the bench if he's near enough fit.

38 minutes ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

Dawson

Palmer lees hector pudil Penney

Bannan Pellupussy Preston

Reech

Fletcher.

That's better

Edited by adelphi1867

To get anything out of this game we need to score 2, simple as that. Possibly even 3. That ain't happening.

Time to suck it up come 9-30 pm, take the poo that is coming our way, sit back, think for a few minutes, get on Owlstalk and thank Jos for the result. 

Then wake up Saturday and prey Chansiri has done the right thing by us all. 

I keep banging this drum and I know its boring but we have to try and make it difficult for teams to find space in and around our box.

This needs EVERY player to put a shift in especially Reach Bannan & Onomah which will require them defending as well as getting in and around Fletcher when we go forward.

4231 for me with the players we have on Jos's Christmas Card List.

Dawson

Palmer - Lees - Pudil - Penny

Hector - Pessy

Reach - Bannan - Onomah

Fletcher

6 hours ago, savi said:

I keep banging this drum and I know its boring but we have to try and make it difficult for teams to find space in and around our box.

This needs EVERY player to put a shift in especially Reach Bannan & Onomah which will require them defending as well as getting in and around Fletcher when we go forward.

4231 for me with the players we have on Jos's Christmas Card List.

Dawson

Palmer - Lees - Pudil - Penny

Hector - Pessy

Reach - Bannan - Onomah

Fletcher

I do think the 4-2-3-1 works with what we have bud, 

Dawson

Palmer - Lees - Pudil - thornily 

Hector - Pessy

Reach - Bannan - penney 

Fletcher

I just don't think onomah is mentally cut out for a Derby game. Dawson, penney, Thornily, and palmer are all local lads and know how important this match is and thornily or maybe  even fox would offer a more solid platform at the back. 

13 hours ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

Dawson

Fletcher.

Joao and nuhiu on bench and thorniley + fox with whoever else is fit. I would be optimistic we could get a result with this team and formation if the players dig in. Be nice to sit forestieri there even if not fit enough to play. Lets hope we can do the busines

1431302814_lineup(4).png.494db07410f47cf05ab64d8355ec60ae.png

Definitely 5-4-1

And definitely NO messing around with the ball at the back.

Give them Hell Wednesday

13 hours ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

Dont think onomah has been that bad although he was poor on Saturday v Norwich 

He isn't involved in the game enough for me, he stands watches the play pass him by and flits in and out of the game + he doesn'y do enough when he hasn't got the ball.

Only my opinion of course and we all have different opinions.

2 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Definitely 5-4-1

Give them Hell Wednesday

Apart from Fletch for Joao I would go with that.

2 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Definitely 5-4-1

Give them Hell Wednesday

Not reach on the RHS, never plays well there from what i recall. Square pegs again. Needs to be on the left. Bannan needs to be central, end of. Fox as CB, no thanks. We have to play lees or hector instead. Hector isnt a midfielder, square pegs again. Needs to bannan and joey. We dont have anybody else unless we play one of the youngsters. Who plays on the RHS, j dont know. We dont have Matias and our squad is threadbare.