When is enough - enough?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Didn’t renew this season. 

I work every other Saturday and do a fair bit of travelling. Lucky to get to 75% of home games when I have a season ticket. 

I can cope with losing. I don’t expect us to be mega successful. 

The breaking point for me was not one specific thing, but rather the cumulative effect of many things, such as the mysterious way in which senior players have been frozen out, prices, and a feeling of alienation from the club. 

I will not give the club more money until I feel the money will be spent wisely.  I’m more interested in following Sportul Snagov at the moment, as readers of my blog will know, because it’s pure football. There’s no baggage or mystery. The club is open, friendly and community based. 

I’m falling out of love with English football. If you trace back our decline in fortunes over the past two decades it all comes down to money. When you look at our current predicament, again much of the problem comes down to money. 

35 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I had a dream last night that we lost the derby 10-6 (they did have Vardy playing for them though) and when the 10th went in, Jos put on a little rucksack and started walking out of the stadium.  

I think that's when it will be enough.  

Little Jos and his tiny rucksack, head down, forlornly skulking into the S2 shadows. Tiny steps too.

That made me laugh.

• Like 1

Renewed mine at last minute knowing I’d probs only get to a dozen games at best. 

Its a 200 mike round trip and my home circumstances are very difficult now.. won’t go into details.

As it happens I got my daughter one but she’s got a Saturday job now so it’s virtually impossible to get there.

Probably won’t get to any games now and won’t renew again for next year. Was a daft decision this year really but I felt guilty!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

My Mums a Kop season ticket holder - she left on 77 minutes on Saturday. She'll always come to Hillsborough, absolutely no question of her ever not renewing her season ticket, but hates everything about us at the moment, the dour football, and feels like the club is being run slowly into the ground.

On the way out she ended up chatting to another lady, who said she'd spent £900 on season tickets for this year - and her and her husband hadn't had a holiday for 2 years due to the increased cost. She said that they've both decided that based on everything they have seen, and are seeing, they'll both be having a holiday next summer and not bothering with season tickets.

Ive consistently had a season ticket for years with only a very short break during Allens tenure - i caved in on the final day of sales this season and bought one, but even now I'm not sure if I'll bother next year. I can't say Ive really enjoyed going to Hillsborough for about 2 years now.

What is your watershed? When will you decide you've had enough?

Don't think I'll renew after I'm dead. 

Then again 

ImportantHiddenAruanas-small.gif

• Haha 1

You already know the answer in my case. Looking forward to coming back when the enthusiasm returns and I don't have to sell the kids to afford it.

Been streaming the games but might stop now my eyes hurt. Plus depression setting in.

Anyhow, has he gone yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feels like the 70's all over again without the fun, problem was we didn't know it was fun at the time.

I'll be renewing..I'll bloody end up there anyhow, don't blame those that don't bother..In the end they could be the ones that tip the balance.

Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it?...Hoping someone else wil do what i'm not prepared to do.

My problem is , I still sort of enjoy the circus....but we ALL know what happened to Circus' don't we?

I'm in a different position as cant get regularly

And when I get over its a weekend where I meet up with mates

But Saturday was the worst game Ive been to and was questioing my sanity

I would have left early if I went to games on a regular basis and there was loads leaving on Saturday. And I couldn't blame them

• Like 1

I'll have one again next season. Maybe I'm a masochist but sometimes the dark times are as good as the good times. It's the gallows humour and theatre of the crowd bemoaning another set of shatters stealing a living. In recent times the 2-2 draw at home to Yeovil under Irvine is a fresh in the mind as the win against Arsenal.

I don't begrudge anyone though who throws in the towel because it's getting expensive and there are other ways to spend leisure time with friends and loved ones. If the good times come back the club won't show the same amount of loyalty to the fans that they do to the club during the bad times.

• Like 1

I’m seriously considering whether to renew next year. I take the lad (12) and I pay £600 On the kop for us both. Finding it a tad depressing at the moment and I’m finding myself trying to switch off from it all so I don’t get down about it. I’m looking for things to be positive about but while DC remains in charge I have lost all hope that we can improve as a club and move forward.

Plus all the midweek games are now on TV with the red button coverage etc....

My 3 year ticket finishes at the end of this season. Renewal will depend on early bird prices in February but if I do continue to renew it will only be on a season by season basis.  I don't feel my commitment to the club has been has been reciprocated by the players & coaches over the 3 year period & I'm fed up to the back teeth of the lies & misinformation coming from the team manager & owner.

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

My Mums a Kop season ticket holder - she left on 77 minutes on Saturday. She'll always come to Hillsborough, absolutely no question of her ever not renewing her season ticket, but hates everything about us at the moment, the dour football, and feels like the club is being run slowly into the ground.

On the way out she ended up chatting to another lady, who said she'd spent £900 on season tickets for this year - and her and her husband hadn't had a holiday for 2 years due to the increased cost. She said that they've both decided that based on everything they have seen, and are seeing, they'll both be having a holiday next summer and not bothering with season tickets.

Ive consistently had a season ticket for years with only a very short break during Allens tenure - i caved in on the final day of sales this season and bought one, but even now I'm not sure if I'll bother next year. I can't say Ive really enjoyed going to Hillsborough for about 2 years now.

What is your watershed? When will you decide you've had enough?

Don't think she'll be buying you one of dem seat plaques for Christmas then?

Had a season ticket since late 80s and always renewed without giving it a second thought. But first time I am thinking about would it be so bad if I didnt go. 

Probably will renew as would miss meeting friends for a drink too much.

But biggest thing putting me off is the price, feeling of alienation from the club and the moving about of kick off times. 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Had a season ticket since late 80s and always renewed without giving it a second thought. But first time I am thinking about would it be so bad if I didnt go. 

Probably will renew as would miss meeting friends for a drink too much.

But biggest thing putting me off is the price, feeling of alienation from the club and the moving about of kick off times. 

This. At the moment the match is ruining a good day out.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Feels like the 70's all over again without the fun, problem was we didn't know it was fun at the time.

I'll be renewing..I'll bloody end up there anyhow, don't blame those that don't bother..In the end they could be the ones that tip the balance.

Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it?...Hoping someone else wil do what i'm not prepared to do.

My problem is , I still sort of enjoy the circus....but we ALL know what happened to Circus' don't we?

Sorry I don't!