When is enough - enough?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

My Mums a Kop season ticket holder - she left on 77 minutes on Saturday. She'll always come to Hillsborough, absolutely no question of her ever not renewing her season ticket, but hates everything about us at the moment, the dour football, and feels like the club is being run slowly into the ground.

On the way out she ended up chatting to another lady, who said she'd spent £900 on season tickets for this year - and her and her husband hadn't had a holiday for 2 years due to the increased cost. She said that they've both decided that based on everything they have seen, and are seeing, they'll both be having a holiday next summer and not bothering with season tickets.

Ive consistently had a season ticket for years with only a very short break during Allens tenure - i caved in on the final day of sales this season and bought one, but even now I'm not sure if I'll bother next year. I can't say Ive really enjoyed going to Hillsborough for about 2 years now.

What is your watershed? When will you decide you've had enough?

I've got to the point where instead of moving heaven and earth to swap shifts, do favours so I could get matches off... I can't bearsed...something has got to change down there. To cap it all off I've just about finished paying for the next two years season tickets lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

My Mums a Kop season ticket holder - she left on 77 minutes on Saturday. She'll always come to Hillsborough, absolutely no question of her ever not renewing her season ticket, but hates everything about us at the moment, the dour football, and feels like the club is being run slowly into the ground.

On the way out she ended up chatting to another lady, who said she'd spent £900 on season tickets for this year - and her and her husband hadn't had a holiday for 2 years due to the increased cost. She said that they've both decided that based on everything they have seen, and are seeing, they'll both be having a holiday next summer and not bothering with season tickets.

Ive consistently had a season ticket for years with only a very short break during Allens tenure - i caved in on the final day of sales this season and bought one, but even now I'm not sure if I'll bother next year. I can't say Ive really enjoyed going to Hillsborough for about 2 years now.

I’m priced out already , never felt so disillusioned and distant from our club .

Felt like l'd had enough at Wigan tbh with a feeling of here we go again Just doesn't seem the same anymore. Fans arguing n scrapping with each other seems to have defined the season. How we finished top six going into the international break God only knows.

Going to be a big drop.

Loads of fans 3 year deal will be ending, SWFC want you to renew (early bird) just after Xmas (I think) when money is tight for some. I'm guessing a price freeze. 

Certainly not having another 3 year deal, just go year by year.

I think we all know ST holders now who don't go / had enough. 

9 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

2 games ago

As long as the little un wants to go and as long as I can afford it I will. I'll moan and whine on here a bit after each loss and I'll rant about stuff on the way out but for those 90 minutes I'm just gonna support whoever is wearing the shirt. Might as well, I've had years of working weekends and not being able to afford to go, in the long run I'd rather be at Hillsborough than not. 

I can see why many will walk away though and thats up to them, I won't judge em for doing it or complain when they come back. 

• Like 4

Not a ST holder because of working shifts and living down in Coventry. However, last season, I was a regular POTGer, and always enjoyed going, even if the results didn't always come in. This season, however, I haven't bothered - a combination of POTG prices, travelling, having to use up annual leave, and a young family just means it isn't really 'worth it' in the grand scheme. Honestly, I can't say I've missed going, either, and that's a shame - there's just too much murkiness (?) right now.

14 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

When they light the fire at the Crem.

Your football club is for life, not just the ODD few years in the Sun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I've got to the point where instead of moving heaven and earth to swap shifts, do favours so I could get matches off... I can't bearsed...something has got to change down there. To cap it all off I've just about finished paying for the next two years season tickets lol 

Somebody hacked your account or are you still in The Barracks since Saturday...?

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

I won't stop but the best bit of match day is the boozer before.

I left school in '76 and have a ST every year apart from once when we gave Yorath the job.

I said I'd pay on the day but went to about 8 games so decided to get a ST again.

I can't stop. Rough with the smooth and all that.