The only talented midfielder that we have who is not perpetually injured and folk want to sell him, the mind boggles. :wacko:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Also the sort of bloke who can win us games with a bit of magic. We don't have many of them.

many?....any!!

I'm hoping FF and Westwood are flogged off before we look to cash in on Reach and/or Bannon.

There's also the small matter of Rhodes..

If £15m came for him, then we can't turn that down. The mismanagement of our club has been scandalous to say the least.

23 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

The only talented midfielder that we have who is not perpetually injured and folk want to sell him, the mind boggles. :wacko:

Just another Numpty fest !

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

He's our most dangerous attacking player, so his value will decrease with teams knowing they can put 5 players on him to nullify his impact. Mark Reach and Bannan out of the game, and you win. 

That is a really naive statement. Watch a bit more football and develop a better appreciation of the tactical side of the game.

10 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I don't agree with selling our best players but if that's the way we're doing it, short term money-in and long term build from nothing, then I'd be disappointed with any less than £12m for Reach.

Going by modern Championship prices:

FF min. £8m

Bannan min. £10m

None of the three would be "replaced" like for like. We'll stave off FFP with the money and then likely bring in loans or blood more youngsters.

Really is do or die this season. January may be very painful to watch.

Two years ago we would have got £8-10m for FF.

Right now who in their right mind would pay good money for a near 29 year old who has started 24 of our last 95 games?

As for Reach, I am on the point of changing my view. I still (yes I’m nuts) hope against hope that we pull our season round by getting nearer to the play-offs by January, but if not there is no sense keeping Adam here. He should play higher and we need the money. I expect he will fetch easily £12-15m. In Penney we have a lesser but younger version, all sweet left foot. Nowhere near Adam’s level, but potential.

I think we are getting less than his best from Adam this season. For me he will always be first and foremost a LW or occasional RW cutting in. He is doing a superb job as a midfielder but still it’s slightly under-using his great talent.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Dont imagine anyone on here wants to sell him mate.

But unless we have a hope of going up we know we need to massively reduce our losses. There’s no hiding from that.

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Dont imagine anyone on here wants to sell him mate.

But unless we have a hope of going up we know we need to massively reduce our losses. There’s no hiding from that.

We were always a selling club until, rightly or wrongly, Trevor Francis turned down Man Utd’s bid or David Hirst,. A reds supporter neighbour was disgusted, he said that when they said that they wanted a player they exected to get him, I was so chuffed. lol

• Haha 1

Anything above 10m is cracking profit. I think we always get mugged off for money though. I feel Antonio could have gone for a ton more 

Edited by Mardy Bum

We have no choice in my view but to sell. FF, bannan and reach are probably our most valued players (even westwood according to some as hes best in division). Wouldnt be surprised if we sell two of these. Depends if any mugs (norwich) want to buy Rhodes.

Thats what happens when you spunk 40 million up the wall in 3 seasons and bring in a pittance the other way.

• Agree 1

Hiw much did Brooks go for? Reach has scored and assisted many more...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Not sure if Chansiri knows how to sell a player

Unless they are in a tin with a roll back lid, I reckon you’re right. :Chansiri:

• Haha 1

If we had any kind of strategy and transfer acumen we should have a list of players who are available on a free transfer next summer. We should be working that now and already building a team on paper for next season.  Are we? Dont know? On past performance we will probably just leave it until August then see whats left because we are poo at it.

• Agree 1

Short term pain for long term gain.

Guessing that selling reach for between £10-12m would patch up our FFP issues.

As much as it would be crappy to have to do that, it ensures we don't go even further backwards and get fined, a points deduction and transfer embargos.

If we were under embargo at start of next season with so many players also out of contract and probably leaving, we would literally be screwed and have no power in the market to replace them. Take the hit for me and flog an asset if we can.

• Like 1

If we can get £10m for him, I’d take it Certainly more replaceable than Fernando

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

We need a whole squad rebuild and to sell a player or 2 to make a profit and cancel out the spending of the previous 2 years. We have to make sure we're within limits of P&S this year. If we miss the P&S target and have another embargo how can we do any rebuilding?

But we need to make sure we don't go down also. Selling reach, Bannon, FF etc will make that difficult.

If we make a profit AND stay up then 1 or 2 years down the line we can spend that profit again hopefully wiser and have another run at promotion.

If we stay up this year, I wouldn't care if we sold anyone in our squad currently.

• Agree 1

Id look for cash plus player.

Takes a big chunk of the financial problem away for the summer. (Yes not all of it) and we get some sort of replacement.

Depending on who we could get in return id look for around a total of 13-15 million. Not that I think he's worth it just think being English, his age and in the spotlight at the moment it would be what we could demand.

• Confused 1

Considering other clubs know the financial difficulties we're in I think we'd let him go for around £6 - 7m and the fee would be undisclosed. 

If we do sell for 10-12 we've effectively traded Reach for Rhodes.

One aged 25 who's best days are ahead, scores screamers for fun, and the other?