Interesting stat & shocking

2 minutes ago, striker said:

That's not good reading, aside from a brief spell at Stuttgart he consistently loses more games than he wins.

Bundesliga 2 must be very poor to achieve promotions with those stats.

Believing he is a good manager with a solid record is like trying to believe Alan Irvine when he went on about his coaching badges.

46 minutes ago, striker said:

That's not good reading, aside from a brief spell at Stuttgart he consistently loses more games than he wins.

Bundesliga 2 must be very poor to achieve promotions with those stats.

To be fair to him, those losses came after promotion. His promotion campaigns were obviously very successful. 

I know, lets lump in carlos' last 10 games to make Jos look worse......here's another way of looking at those last 46 games 

First 10 with CC in charge we won 1........10%

in the next 36 with JL in charge we won 12.....a 33% win ratio

So basically since Jos took over he's tripled the win rate.......

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I know, lets lump in carlos' last 10 games to make Jos look worse......here's another way of looking at those last 46 games 

Carvalhal's win rate for us was around 42%. He had a single bad run in 2.5 years of what can only be described as brilliant success compare to the dross we're now served up with. 

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 hours ago, Ian said:

Incredible that you have consistently berated Nuhiu for years - and are happy to stand by the manager and his consistent failures

Its ok folk saying we are going nowhere with JL, but the biggest concern is that whoever takes over we still wont be going nowhere because of DC. Why does that seem difficult for folk to understand. It stems from the top and spirals all the way down through management, coaching staff then the players, commercial etc etc. Its as easy as 123.

Dour boring manager how comes across like his team. Slow and painfully inept.

On the past evidence DC will stick by him and then blame someone else for the failings until he really has to act. We are desperate for a big personality Manger but DC will appoint a nobody who hasn't worked in 5 years. 

No balls manager from a Chairman who needs a set himself.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Lost 27 out of 62 at Hertha Berlin!!! I thought he was the promotion king?

What are the League rules in Germany FFS?

You only have to go and look and the Bundesliga.2 table now to see what kind of league it is. The team top of the league has a goal difference of +1. 

9 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Its ok folk saying we are going nowhere with JL, but the biggest concern is that whoever takes over we still wont be going nowhere because of DC. Why does that seem difficult for folk to understand. It stems from the top and spirals all the way down through management, coaching staff then the players, commercial etc etc. Its as easy as 123.

Wish I could plus this 100 times. 

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

You only have to go and look and the Bundesliga.2 table now to see what kind of league it is. The team top of the league has a goal difference of +1. 

St Pauli are a proper team though. Fanatical fans based in Hamburg. I See there rivals Hamburg are in there as well. That will be a propper Derby match between them two.

I see what you mean about the goal difference. Maybe it's all the swapping and changing.

:luhukay:

Screenshot_20181105-211804.png

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

St Pauli are a proper team though. Fanatical fans based in Hamburg. I See there rivals Hamburg are in there as well. That will be a propper Derby match between them two.

I see what you mean about the goal difference. Maybe it's all the swapping and changing.

:luhukay:

Screenshot_20181105-211804.png

Hamburg v St Pauli was on tele last month, 0-0 and one of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen. 

I went over to watch Koln last month whilst they were top of the league at home against bottom of the league, got beat 2-1. The quality in that league is pretty shocking to be honest but that’s what it’s it so close and interesting.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Hamburg v St Pauli was on tele last month, 0-0 and one of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen. 

I went over to watch Koln last month whilst they were top of the league at home against bottom of the league, got beat 2-1. The quality in that league is pretty shocking to be honest but that’s what it’s it so close and interesting.

Similar to the Championship then. There are no weak teams and no strong teams in the Championship, but I suspect the quality of players in the Championship are better. That's why we have to stop thinking we're playing the wrong teams at the wrong time. There are no easy fixtures in this league.

With hind sight Jos may well have been the only Manager who was daft enough to take on the job knowing we'd be under embargo.

3 hours ago, northeastowl said:

My lad was at the Hamburger vs. Bochum game last week and he reckons it was League One standard at best.

i think that we often don't realise that the English leagues are professional through the top five divisions whereas the football in most other European countries might be very good in the top tier but they can't compete with England lower down the scale.

9 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Similar to the Championship then. There are no weak teams and no strong teams in the Championship, but I suspect the quality of players in the Championship are better. That's why we have to stop thinking we're playing the wrong teams at the wrong time. There are no easy fixtures in this league.

With hind sight Jos may well have been the only Manager who was daft enough to take on the job knowing we'd be under embargo.

He knew what the situation was Ozy  :CEO:

and so did his predecessor too..

:carlos:

• Like 2

On 05/11/2018 at 04:52, quinnssweetshop said:

When we got him my pal in German laughed and said he's useless,... of course...I got slated on here for mentioning it

How do you actually laugh in German??? lol

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

My lad was at the Hamburger vs. Bochum game last week and he reckons it was League One standard at best.

i think that we often don't realise that the English leagues are professional through the top five divisions whereas the football in most other European countries might be very good in the top tier but they can't compete with England lower down the scale.

Completely agree.