Jones and Boyd

Haven't seen much from either of them in a Wednesday shirt, so I hardly think they're the answer to all our woes.

It's the way we've just excluded players that shocks me though. CC did the same (but different players), and now Jos is at it too. It's weird.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Should be at least options for the bench.

Can't have five u23 players on the bench for a derby.

I think you nailed it re the bench. Neither player should be anywhere near starting, but the lack of depth on our bench leaves us powerless to change a game by introducing fresh legs. Not a fan of either Boyd or Jones, but there are less effective players in our current match day squad

Just now, S72 Owl said:

Funnily enough Jones put his best performances in for us when Jos first came in. Then was out of favour all of a sudden. 

It's actually true is this. But then JL insisted on playing 'his man' Pelupessy and yet 9 months later though I think there's been an average improvement in his performances it's not obvious that Jones couldn't have been doing the same job - if nothing else, he'd have had the nous to bring Barnes down when he went half the length of the pitch to score a few weeks back.

• Thanks 1

I wanted Boyd to work out here sooooo much, and kept arguing that he eventually might do, 'cos I really rate his workrate and thought he was excellent for Burnley - but he was almost universally terrible here. And he had chances galore, even factoring in the injury.

There are a lot of 'wtf?!' moments re: team selection since Jos came in, but I don't think we can argue Boyd is one of them. Seemed like Jos wanted to pick him early on, but he effectively played himself out of the team over the space of about three months.

• Like 1

Jones played in a team of kids against Wolves in the cup and touched the ball more than Joey has all season.

Trouble is Jos has now created the problem where none of the missing players are match fit and would be lucky to last 60 minutes in a derby 

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

I wanted Boyd to work out here sooooo much, and kept arguing that he eventually might do, 'cos I really rate his workrate and thought he was excellent for Burnley - but he was almost universally terrible here. And he had chances galore, even factoring in the injury.

There are a lot of 'wtf?!' moments re: team selection since Jos came in, but I don't think we can argue Boyd is one of them. Seemed like Jos wanted to pick him early on, but he effectively played himself out of the team over the space of about three months.

I’d buy that for a dollar 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jones isn't even that bad. He won't come in and turn things around but the treatment of him has been poor.

Saw a re-run of the game where we beat Newcastle 2-1 at home on sky last week and Jones had a decent game.

I’m not his biggest fan but the way he’s been treated (with the lack of quality we have in midfield) is strange