MAD MICK

Don’t Iike his football at all but I like him as a fella. Straight talking, no bu11sh1t. 

He would sort us out no problem. It’s not the long term solution but I would definitely have him here and I think it would be a good choice.

However, could you honestly see Chansiri appointing Mick McCarthy? Can’t see it. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Don’t Iike his football at all but I like him as a fella. Straight talking, no bu11sh1t. 

He would sort us out no problem. It’s not the long term solution but I would definitely have him here and I think it would be a good choice.

However, could you honestly see Chansiri appointing Mick McCarthy? Can’t see it. 

apart from the unexpected finance required to pay off Jos - can we afford him?

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf that was 10 years ago. 

We all know that Mick is a bit of a knob and perhaps he's past his best...but, right now, we probably need a bit of hard work, gumption, players running through brick walls and all the other tired cliches. 

Tbh I wouldn't think he's past his best he's not 60 until February. 3 or 4 years somewhere local to top up the funds as a last job might be appealing. 

I just want someone who knows the league, someone whose able to get the message across to the players loud and clear with no language barrier, post match interviews where we can understand what’s being said and not a load of jibberish whilst answering a completely different question 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Jos will get the derby.

Win he carries on. 

Embarrassing defeat.

Then we have the international break to find a new manager. 

I’m not prepared to take the risk of getting a result on Friday. Right now there is a 70% chance the pigs will score at least 3. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

I’m not prepared to take the risk of getting a result on Friday. Right now there is a 70% chance the pigs will score at least 3. 

And probably a 70% chance we will score none.

But being realistic about it only a defeat to the blades will make Chansiri act. Especially as we then have two weeks before the next game.

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

apart from the unexpected finance required to pay off Jos - can we afford him?

Can we afford not to sack him? In my opinion, Jos has lost the dressing room. We have played a record breaking number of systems, different teams with so much chopping and changing, I think the players have lost faith. Moreover, the isolation of other senior players. Final straw was the dropping of Hector yesterday. Bizarre!

I think appointing Mick would be a sensible move for where we are at the moment. We won’t go down, he can work on a shoestring and he will get us organised. If we sold Reach in January, we may get around FFP.

I would do it. Can I see Chansiri doing it? NO!

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Mick seems to be the choice of quite a few 

I've moved from trying to support to realisation that Jos is swamped by this situation and the players he's put his faith in seem to have given up on him if that 2nd half is any guide - simply shocking 

there is one factor people are forgetting  the type of manager we actually want and need  will not be able to work with this regime  imo

13 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Mick seems to be the choice of quite a few 

I've moved from trying to support to realisation that Jos is swamped by this situation and the players he's put his faith in seem to have given up on him if that 2nd half is any guide - simply shocking 

there is one factor people are forgetting  the type of manager we actually want and need  will not be able to work with this regime  imo

That result yesterday is the classic precursor to a manager on his way out. 

MM may think he’s strong enough to deal with DC, but likewise may think it’s more hassle than it’s worth.