MAD MICK

Right man, right time as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps he can convey to  DC what it means to be a Yorkshireman and Wednesday fan then, DC might finally get it....

And sometimes not to take it so personally when folk are forthright and possibly harsh on occasion.

If we are to compete on meagre resources for the next 18 months then he has the experience and character to make a fist of it.

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

Its a no brainer. And yes Mick would take the job. He would have the same kind of impact Jack Charlton had in the late 70's. Unless DC swallows his pride and makes the right move we will end up in league 1.

Ever thought that the EFL might not take kindly to tipping Jos a million and giving a lucrative contract to Mick M?

3 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Right man, right time as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps he can convey to  DC what it means to be a Yorkshireman and Wednesday fan then, DC might finally get it....

And sometimes not to take it so personally when folk are forthright and possibly harsh on occasion.

If we are to compete on meagre resources for the next 18 months then he has the experience and character to make a fist of it.

Hopefully in the same way Warnock tamed Vincent Tan. 

I’m thinking DC might go domestic.

He knows that Jos is his man and his man alone - he’s being constantly reminded that fans are paying over the odds for rubbish produced by a manager we’ve never heard of and never wanted.

Why not? A fresh pair of eyes and a fresh approach may be what this squad needs. It’s a better squad than our results and league position suggest. 

I appreciate the idea and philosophy of testing the younger players, but maybe not when we could really do with a good run of results and some points on the board.

back to basics and a first team with experience and a track record of getting a job done on match day.

theres no real direction from the manager that I can see.

dont want to see a bloke lose his job, but Carlos had 2 good years and you could see the tactics at work when we played well under him. 

Anyway, i’m on with the dinner so, uto and WAWAW!

We would become hard to beat and have some spirit that’s for sure 

the thing is if he can get the balance right with the quality we have he could provide a minor miracle 

what we are at the minute is a spineless team getting murderd every week 

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Don’t Iike his football at all but I like him as a fella. Straight talking, no bu11sh1t. 

He would sort us out no problem. It’s not the long term solution but I would definitely have him here and I think it would be a good choice.

However, could you honestly see Chansiri appointing Mick McCarthy? Can’t see it. 

To be fair, at the moment I'll take aggressive in your face long ball over tippy tappy sideways flippy floppy football with about as much direction as the squirrel from over the hedge or a wardncing ferret, mind at least the ferret has some bite and tenacity this lot is rudderless and directionless at the moment going through the motions. Said it for 3 seasons now, "WERE JUST TOO BLOODY NICE" no spine, bit like a  jellyfish!!! 

41 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I’d support McCarthy because I’ll support any manager we employ (including our current manager), however, I’m not sure that McCarthy is the answer - he’s not been successful for a few years now. 

Tbf he had naff all to work with at Ipswich