MAD MICK

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Bielsa isn’t an obscure manager who has been out of work for three years. He’s the ex manager of Argentina. 

Can't help wondering what the reason was Jos was out of work for so long.
But then you can also say that for ex managers names being touted about on here.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

About 3 levels above Jos in terms of ability and experience.

Would he peddle the Chairmans shiite for him though ?

Unlikely.

I reckon its the other way round. Chansiri wouldn't be able to cope with a figure like McCarthy managing his team. Someone that would stand uo for himself and not be a yes man. Don't forget how Chansiri likes to become best mates with his managers. It was our fault Carlos had to go and how he was welcome back to Hillsborough anytime. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Need to back yourself in life mate.

You do. No one else will sometimes.

You're in there doing your best.

Next thing people are chanting "There's only on Pen-guin, one Pen-gu-innnnnnnn, there's only one Pen-guin"

You have to back your own ability against the masses.

32 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Its a no brainer. And yes Mick would take the job. He would have the same kind of impact Jack Charlton had in the late 70's. Unless DC swallows his pride and makes the right move we will end up in league 1.

I agree that he could have a Big Jack, Big Ron impact on our supporters.  A Yorkshire man who won’t put up with any stick. He also had experience with bringing youngsters on at Ipswich, that Dozzell kid who scored against us etc.

I do think that even with Big Mick in charge we could still drift downwards, but I think we couldn’t be in safer hands. The trouble with jos is there’s a lot of questions, does he really understand English football? And it’s fans? Does he do enough to motivate the players? Our second half performances are shocking. I think there would be less questions with mick in charge 

Guest Theboylangers
39 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I called for Paul Cook on here when Gray was sacked.

Got laughed at and negged to high heaven. 

Superb manager.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/226951-paul-cook/

To be fair, Cook's reputation has probably increased since you wrote that. But still a great shout even back then. 

Very good manager. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Their Fans were just as frustrated with him as some on here are now.

look at Norwichs manager, this time last season and onwards the Norwich fans were calling for his head, today, Top of the league with the same manager.

What will MM do different with the players at his disposal?, yeh, yeh , he will reinstore Westwood and Hutchinson, till they get injured again, send the youngsters backwards and bring in old crocs as their replacements.

What will he do differently?

You won’t see players like Onomah and Reach strolling about. He gets 100% effort out of players.

He will play a consistent system 

He will not drop our best defender to the bench for no apparent reason 

He will not make a minimum of 2 changes to his defence every week 

He will get us a clean sheet 

We will press teams in their own half instead of camping out on the edge of our own box 

He manages players rather than just dumping them.

He will not be sat on the bench looking at his feet while his team are getting stuffed on the pitch.

Given time teams will no longer look forward to coming to Hillsborough 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Sewell said:

.According to my cousin, a Norwich fan, they got the most almighty rollicking at half time for their first half, unacceptable performance. I wonder if our players got the same ? Or is this something we are lacking eg big Mick.

Does he play for norwich?

• Haha 1

Surely appointing MM is an absolute no brainer for Mr Chansiri,

If things go well   -   Everybody is happy/

If things go t!ts up  -  Chansiri can turn round  -  point the finger and say...........

"WELL IT WAS YOU FANS WHO WANTED HIM !!!"  lol

41 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I like him, doesnt beat about the bush, tells his players they ate shitif they are and him and terry conner seem to work well together so this would mean bye to bullen too.

Im in if it means jos and bullen goes.

Yes but are we, as supporters, willing to take the flak from him? He doesn't take prisoners, as you say, including responding to fan's comments.

28 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

What will he do differently?

You won’t see players like Onomah and Reach strolling about. He gets 100% effort out of players.

He will play a consistent system 

He will not drop our best defender to the bench for no apparent reason 

He will not make a minimum of 2 changes to his defence every week 

He will get us a clean sheet 

We will press teams in their own half instead of camping out on the edge of our own box 

He manages players rather than just dumping them.

He will not be sat on the bench looking at his feet while his team are getting stuffed on the pitch.

Given time teams will no longer look forward to coming to Hillsborough 

Hard to argue against any of that.