MAD MICK

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

McCarthy would bring the old guard back, and probably introduce the youngsters gradually when they'd recovered from this nightmare.

What if he can't bring back the old guard for financial reasons? Then what dies he do with the same players that are playing at the moment? 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Might not be what people want, but it’s what we need. Look at Ipswich after he left 

Their Fans were just as frustrated with him as some on here are now.

look at Norwichs manager, this time last season and onwards the Norwich fans were calling for his head, today, Top of the league with the same manager.

What will MM do different with the players at his disposal?, yeh, yeh , he will reinstore Westwood and Hutchinson, till they get injured again, send the youngsters backwards and bring in old crocs as their replacements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

What if he can't bring back the old guard for financial reasons? Then what dies he do with the same players that are playing at the moment? 

Well, all I can say is that from what I've heard coming out of the club there is absolutely no truth in that rumour.

I can understand why people think it, and I would think it too, but I'm absolutely sure that it will be shown not to be the case in the fullness of time.

This was confirmed re' WW several days ago, and to my knowledge it's the same situation with all the others.

These lads aren't being picked for footballing reasons, not for contractual ones.

I get what Jos is trying to do, developing youth I mean, but it's just too drastic too soon.

And he's now in the position where he can't bring the old guard back, even though privately he'd probably like to.

The rifts are just too deep to heal now, I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, RichieB said:

MM is a straight talking, experienced manager at this level, DC doesn't like either of those qualities. 

DC wants a yes man to do as he says. Zero chance of Mick coming here. 

Probably right for another reason also.

I've been to an evening with MM at Oakwell (sorry but it was free) where he did a Q&A session, in which he said he wouldn't want to manage a South Yorkshire club.

But again, out of work etc.etc.

49 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Their Fans were just as frustrated with him as some on here are now.

look at Norwichs manager, this time last season and onwards the Norwich fans were calling for his head, today, Top of the league with the same manager.

What will MM do different with the players at his disposal?, yeh, yeh , he will reinstore Westwood and Hutchinson, till they get injured again, send the youngsters backwards and bring in old crocs as their replacements.

The thing is MM would get the best of out a bad bunch, using the players at his disposal and playing to their strengths, something which Jos is unfortunately not doing. He will also keep a settled side and not changing the team every week. 

And I also strongly believe that the language barrier is playing a major part, I don't mean this in a nasty way because I respect Jos but you can hear from his interviews , many times, he seems to get lost in translation and i wonder if his instructions are not always understood or many of the players have difficulty understanding him.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

The thing is MM would get the best of out a bad bunch, using the players at his disposal and playing to their strengths, something which Jos is unfortunately not doing. He will also keep a settled side and not changing the team every week. 

And I also strongly believe that the language barrier is playing a major part, I don't mean this in a nasty way because I respect Jos but you can hear from his interviews , many times, he seems to get lost in translation and i wonder if his instructions are not always understood or many of the players have difficulty understanding him.

Image result for manuel fawlty towers gif

• Haha 1

When Cardiff appointed Warnock their fans weren’t exactly happy, with his personality and style of football. But soon changed their mind.

Im not saying Mick could get us promoted, Cardiff fans didn’t expect Warnock too, but sometimes managers just click with particular clubs. And maybe Mick managing a team in Yorkshire will click too 

• Like 1