MAD MICK

I would have him here over Jos. Manager that knows the English game and the championship inside out. He’s quite entertaining as well. However doesn’t come across as a yes man and isn’t a manager we haven’t heard of so I doubt DC would go for him or someone similar. 

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem he had at Epswech was lack of fire power.

When we finally managed to beat him a couple of seasons ago - after 17 attempts - he laughed and said "Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Nuhiu, Winnall, Joao... Not bad that lot, is it?"

I bloody wish they where all fit and available for us now. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Problem with getting Mick McCarthy in is when he’s steadied the ship and we’ve avoided relegation our manager would still be Mick McCarthy.

Ipswich probably give him 500k to spend a season for about 10 years. 

didn'tdo to badly considering.

I think he’d bring the kids through better than Jos is doing because let’s be honest all Jos is doing is sticking them on the bench, he isn’t really using them. 

I also think he’d get the best out of Fletcher and he might just be the manager who has the balls to play Joao and stick with him even when he has his off days.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Problem with getting Mick McCarthy in is when he’s steadied the ship and we’ve avoided relegation our manager would still be Mick McCarthy.

We are where we are at the moment. This is a club which will be under financial constraints for a while yet. If I was the chairman right now, I would make the move. He knows the league inside out and he would get us organised. He’s a decent guy in my opinion. It’s just his football I don’t particularly like. However, if he got the job, he would be working with better players than he did historically.

However, can I see Chansiri making the move? NO! 

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think whoever comes in will be in a better position than Luhukay but the fans might get behind them a bit longer. That’s the only benefit I can think of as Jos has been on borrowed time since he started.

The problem with Jos IMO is this.

To begin with, his style of play is incompatible with this club, and in fairness with most clubs at this level.

McCarthy wouldn't attempt to do what Jos has done, because he knows full well that we're not up to it.

Lees is a good, solid, English CB, but Franco Baresi he ain't.

Secondly, he's discarded some experienced players prematurely.

Privately he'd probably love to reinstate WW but now can't.

Blooding too many youngsters too soon just breaks their hearts.

Kemmy's state of mind was there for all to see with Norwich's fourth.

McCarthy would bring the old guard back, and probably introduce the youngsters gradually when they'd recovered from this nightmare.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Use to working on a budget, knows this division inside out, plenty of useful contacts in the English game....

Absolutely zero chance of Chansiri considering him!!!

Agreed mate. DC should be on the phone now but he won't be.

• Like 1