When the big wage players have gone

16 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Dont think its been mentioned in this thread but a big reason the club is in trouble is not just making mistakes signing players but nit selling anyone either.

Wanting to keep players because they are all 'family' is not way football works.

You also have to find clubs willing to take 30 year old crocks off your hands.

We could list all our over 30 crocks and has beens but I doubt there would be clubs queuing around the block to take them.

Any clubs that might be interested at their recent levels of quality would likely be in this divison or below anyway and not able to fund their Premier League wages.

We're stuck with them till they run down.

(The contracts that is,  not the players. They're already run down. Hence no one wants them. Bizzarely, except a few fans on here who think they're the answer to all our problems, despite highlighting them as the root of all our problems only months ago.)

Funny old game.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

You also have to find clubs willing to take 30 year old crocks off your hands.

We could list all our over 30 crocks and has beens but I doubt there would be clubs queuing around the block to take them.

Any clubs that might be interested at their recent levels of quality would likely be in this divison or below anyway and not able to fund their Premier League wages.

We're stuck with them till they run down.

(The contracts that is,  not the players. They're already run down. Hence no one wants them. Bizzarely, except a few fans on here who think they're the answer to all our problems, despite highlighting them as the root of all our problems only months ago.)

Funny old game.

Contracts running out is what the whole thread is on about not selling them!!!!

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Feel genuinely sorry for Mr Chansiri on this point

why?

He sanctioned these so caloed high wages, no ine else. Onkh sa himself to blame for the outrageous waste of his own money and fans who are paying ridiculously high prices for littlr or no return.

Time for him to man up, realise he is out if his depth and HE is the one to blame for this mess.

But more importantly employ a DOF who knows the game to make these decidions for him.

I'll not hold my breath though as he is a petulant child.

Reminds me so much of a certain ex chairman that destroyed Chesterfield Fc.

16 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

This is why we are pushing out Westwood and Hutchinson, because of the wages. 

Westwood's contract is up in January and Hutchinson has until 2020. 

Is it?

I've no idea when it ends but I thought most long term player contracts run until the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I do, this is frightening, only he knows his financial commitment so far  not sure where we go from here 

1. Sell players to reduce losses as far as possible.

2. Look for exit strategy.

3. Cut losses and leave.

I don't mean that in a nasty way. Chansiri took a chance and it very nearly paid off. But he is highly unlikely to be able to reverse the current downward spiral and he would be well advised to cut his losses at this stage. That is investment in football. Fraught with risk and very few winners.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:
  1. Sell players to reduce losses as far as possible.

2. Look for exit strategy.

3. Cut losses and leave.

I don't mean that in a nasty way. Chansiri took a chance and it very nearly paid off. But he is highly unlikely to be able to reverse the current downward spiral and he would be well advised to cut his losses at this stage. That is investment in football. Fraught with risk and very few winners.

I meant where do WE go from here 

I think that's all sound advice for him  he needs to do the above

this looks like a vanity exercise that turned into a gamble now as with all failed gambles there's a price to pay  

I doubt he'll be sleeping on the streets though

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I meant where do WE go from here 

I think that's all sound advice for him  he needs to do the above

this looks like a vanity exercise that turned into a gamble now as with all failed gambles there's a price to pay  

I doubt he'll be sleeping on the streets though

WE can only hope that the next guy(s) at the helm can fund the shortfall and bring a sustainable strategy. That is the sum total of what WE can do.

8 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

WE can only hope that the next guy(s) at the helm can fund the shortfall and bring a sustainable strategy. That is the sum total of what WE can do.

Exactly as I said I don't know where we go from here

IF he leaves  and who knows what depth of financial and league position mess will be left  - we will be back to being prey for all manner of dubious buyers

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Exactly as I said I don't know where we go from here

IF he leaves  and who knows what depth of financial and league position mess will be left  - we will be back to being prey for all manner of dubious buyers

Yes, but sadly how does that make a difference from the last twenty years of being a Wednesday fan?

We are currently stuck in this vicious circle of ownership that is killing the club. People just need to realise that owners with loads of money is not the cure to the club's long term ailments. Money alone is not enough. Having a sustainable strategy is more important. Unfortunately in football, that type of owner is very few and far between!