When the big wage players have gone

The high prices are aimed at Pay On The Gate supporters. The answer to your question, thinking logically, is it depends on the number of POTG supporters that attend. Surely, if the quality of the football is poor and the results remain negative, the situation will remain the same or get worse. If POTG numbers stay the same or increase but the costs reduce, then the net impact will be increased revenue (but the latter case is unlikely unless substantial investment is made in strengthening the squad).

You have to understand that DC is bankrolling the high wages. He has put in 10's of millions to do this so far. Possible the answer is that all that will happen is DC just reduces the amount he puts in quid pro quo

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

You have to understand that DC is bankrolling the high wages. He has put in 10's of millions to do this so far. Possible the answer is that all that will happen is DC just reduces the amount he puts in quid pro quo

Feel genuinely sorry for Mr Chansiri on this point

Owlstalk Shop

The losses will be reduced to what extent will depend on revenue into the club. If players are released and one or two sold then there might not be any losses until we build again. 

I think the need is to try and break even this season, which would allow a bit more room next season over a 3 year period.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As someone has posted in the Chansiri thread is that we have spent money but wasted huge sums of it. Or it's been wasted by others on his behalf. I will cynically suggest he has almost been fleeced by many who saw an opportunity.

Just now, doubleo said:

Glad to see the 7 years of Accountancy Training hasn't been wasted.

Tbf, I have nearly 30 and my professional considered opinion is the same

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

As someone has posted in the Chansiri thread is that we have spent money but wasted huge sums of it. Or it's been wasted by others on his behalf. I will cynically suggest he has almost been fleeced by many who saw an opportunity.

Without a doubt.

When he first came to Wednesday and started splashing the cash, there’ll have been some in the game who saw him coming a mile off.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why ?

It is because he is bankrolling high earners with his cash and not with earned income from the club that we are in breach of FFP. That is why it was introduced. It is his fault we are in a mess.

Edited by Bob
grammar

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Without a doubt.

When he first came to Wednesday and started splashing the cash, there’ll have been some in the game who saw him coming a mile off.

A function of being "a successful businessman" is being able to foresee potential threats and make contingency to deal with them. Being fleeced in football by agents and all manner of parties with vested interests is as highly predictable as day following night. If you cannot even plan for that, you certainly are in the wrong line of business.

I doubt whether we'll see POTD prices come down - maybe a freeze, or reduction in categories to take the top cat down in price.

The pricing strategy only had credibility in the period when you're 'going for it' - essentially watching the U23s and league one players won't attract anyone.