The Buck Stops At The Top

21 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

You do realise that finding someone to take on a club like this and return his investment is nigh on impossible don't you?

And you do realise that Chansiri is wealthy enough to just say "fizz it...I'm out" and leave us to it don't you?

But hey!...just keep slagging him off and never mind the potential consequences.

Bunkem and poppycock.

Classic defence of failure.

There is ZERO chance of him getting back what he has put in.

ZERO

He doesn’t deserve to either after such a reckless tenure.

If he got what he paid initially he would be doing well but there would be no chance of that if somebody had to take on the debt too.

What did he pay?

Was it £37.5M plus the pitch and scoreboard?

He would be lucky to get half of what he paid, so is looking at a pretty hefty loss.

The only way he would recoup his outlay now of circa £100M is promotion.

He is foooked.

31 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

You do realise that finding someone to take on a club like this and return his investment is nigh on impossible don't you?

And you do realise that Chansiri is wealthy enough to just say "fizz it...I'm out" and leave us to it don't you?

But hey!...just keep slagging him off and never mind the potential consequences.

Stay off the red wine and G and T's  lol

His outlay was to suck us all into the aura of " HOPE " that was created after so many previous disasters.
Noone is saying that we are not grateful... however... when your house is burning down... you do not continually throw petrol on it.

DC has done this continually.... It's as if people are saying.... YOU NEED WATER DC !!!

All he does, is say... no... petrol's the best way.

And obviously, that's working ! lol

32 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Agree, why are so many keen to confront DC and be aggressive to him, he has put more time and money into this club than any previous owner.

Went well for a couple of years and yes some poor decisions atm but that's a football club. I do think maybe his issue is being too loyal to managers ie Jos, personally would have got rid because of the no clean sheets.

Some on here think they have a right to be aggressive and rude because it is "their club", it belongs to DC it is not our club just because we choose to pay to attend games, no more than the local chippie belongs to us because we go there and buy stuff.

So let's cut out the abuse of DC as if he walks we really will have problems.

Chansiri is the biggest problem at this club. He lies and tells us things are our fault. If you raise prices your also raising expectations even the silliest business man understands that. From the midnight attack on the fans over Carlos to lying about an embargo to get seasons tickets sold I get such a bad feeling we are divided and are heading for some rough rough years. 

Chansiri won’t come close to getting his money back.

The club is worth less than when he bought it.

Nobody will say, “you’ve wasted tens of millions on a bizarre recruitment strategy and now I can’t spend much money because we are on the brink of FFP but here you go, I’ll pay for your mistakes”.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Chansiri won’t come close to getting his money back.

The club is worth less than when he bought it.

Nobody will say, “you’ve wasted tens of millions on a bizarre recruitment strategy and now I can’t spend much money because we are on the brink of FFP but here you go, I’ll pay for your mistakes”.

^^^

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I disagree entirely. He did the opposite to what he was supposed to. What he should have done is make the investment like other investors do then put a team of people that know the ropes to run the show for him. His insistence to meddle with things that he has little knowledge or ability in will ultimately be his own downfall.

I know the ropes, see what I mean? We'd all agree that whoever is advising him are perhaps not doing so the best they can but nearly everyone fibs on their CV

Edited by pgmetcalf

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

I know the ropes, see what I mean? We'd all agree that whoever is advising him are perhaps not doing so the best they can but nearly everyone fibs on their CV

But all that would suggest is Chansiri must be one of the god damn worst business people on the planet. You simply do not throw untold millions into a new venture without fully understanding the risks associated with it. He arrived with Mandaric, Aldridge and Wilkinson at the helm. That is a lot of experience to fall back on and advise on a strategy best matched to take the club forward. It seems that Chansiri and that Thai cohort of his that used to sit at the side of him knew better. Well, Chansiri now has to deal with the consequences.

58 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Agree, why are so many keen to confront DC and be aggressive to him, he has put more time and money into this club than any previous owner.

Went well for a couple of years and yes some poor decisions atm but that's a football club. I do think maybe his issue is being too loyal to managers ie Jos, personally would have got rid because of the no clean sheets.

Some on here think they have a right to be aggressive and rude because it is "their club", it belongs to DC it is not our club just because we choose to pay to attend games, no more than the local chippie belongs to us because we go there and buy stuff.

So let's cut out the abuse of DC as if he walks we really will have problems.

Has Dejphon told you to type that?

• Haha 1

My opinion for what its worth is, we had our chance, two of them and failed. Thats it. The clubs plan if you can call it that was to gamble and go for it. We lost, thats it. There is no silver bullet or quick fix now, no patience in football. Its a long haul to recover. That will take time, 2,3,4 years maybe. To me it looks we dont have financial options to play with. We have to nurture the kids through, lose some top heavy wages and rebuild. There will be pain on the way. Looking and expecting something else is just going to lead to unhappiness for a lot of people. Thats all.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Every other club that exists has an owner, and has always found an owner when their old one clears off

Yes that’s true. But and it’s a big but, the legacy that Chansiri is going to leave behind him will make it nigh on impossible to put the club on an even keel in the short/medium term.

He needs to stay, start acting like the owner the should be capable of after 3 years in the job, and sort out his own mess. 

If that means bringing in someone to run the club for him so be it, but hoping to recoup his investment and go right now is a very forlorn hope.

We are where we are. The possible advantages of this owner are that he almost certainly has deep enough pockets to finance a rebuilding over time; and he has talked about long term time horizons,so he may have the patience.

Objectively, the position is far from hopeless. We look like a relegation team at the moment, but this looks to me a very midtable sqaud, and the results and performances up to and including Bristol City were not a disaster. I'm afraid we do need a different manager. With that, then with patient management and some realisation of the current playing assets, there is no obvious reason why in two or three seasons, even sooner, we can't be a strong championship outfit.

The disadvantages of this owner are that he has made poor decisions in the past.  He got into a curious position of overspending relative to our income - but all the same spending at a level that put us into the mix for promotion, but no more than that. There is then a whole series of "I know best" decisions, notably the kit fiasco last season, where it turned out he he didn't know best at all. And decisions that needlessly have alienated fans. In the end, it doesn't much matter which division we play in, but it does matter that we have a club that we can go an support,and which gets passed on to our grandchildren.

Sadly, we search in vain for evidence that he is learning. He is reported, for example, to have said that we are in serious trouble if we don't get promoted this season. One can only say that those are the words of a cretin. Even if we had a squad with strong prospects of promotion, it would be foolish to bet the farm on it.