Why Are Fans Paying Top Dollar

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Why say if you want top players then pay the price of asking, when fully knowing we was under an embargo in April and couldn't buy anyone 

He never said he was looking to buy players.

He said, continued investment, which meant of course not selling any of our 'top players'

That will change now I thinks. And we won't get anywhere near the money touted for Reach, Bannan or FF but off the wage bill as well, will put us around levels start of next season....no big money to spend though, which I think will put off many potential new managers.....so it will be another unknown

21 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Despite the atrocious matchday pricing of the last 3 years- despite the constant attempts to squeeze every last penny out of the loyal fan base with overpriced merchandise, inflated pricing in various other areas, and the constant preaching that fans must pay their share if we are to compete, I still think the PR disaster that Chansiris reign is becoming could be saved with some sort of acceptance of failure from the Chairman.

We know we're going to have a stinker of a season. We know we've probably got another coming next year. It's time for this to be reflected in the pricing .

across the board.

The football is back to the standards set in the Dave Jones Championship era. The immediate prospects are equally as dismal, yet the vitriol and frustration from the stands is twice as intense. Chansiri has created this with his fanciful Premier League pricing structure

The Chairman needs to hold his hands up, get rid of this manager, allow the next man to select who he likes. He needs to reset the pricing to a reasonable level for the rest of the season. He needs to come clean that the next 18 months are about staying in this division while we correct the finances.

The longer he carries on refusing to accept any blame, the worse the abuse he is starting to suffer is going to get. I don't agree with shouting and screaming in his face behind the South stand, but if he doesn't appear to listening or learning from his mistakes then that's what is going to happen.

Can’t change it now cos 80% of the crowd have paid in advance....we’ll in advance in some cases.

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Neither Carlos with his shoehorn or Jos with his alleged vision of the future should have been anywhere near the club, that's all down to one man MrChansiri, he and he alone is to blame for this mess.

well that's 2 of us mate …..

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Can’t change it now cos 80% of the crowd have paid in advance....we’ll in advance in some cases.

Ive paid in advance, but just a gesture that demonstrates he's listening would be a start.

Also, he needs to be very very careful with the pricing for renewing in the new year.

For a plan which failed.

There are two schools of thought as far as I can tell.

(a) The Carlos generation is done, we've no chance of promotion even with the crockery playing, so we may as well bin them all off and play the kids

(b) They're not done, the kids aren't good enough (and probably never will be), and we should have a go while the crockery are still here.

I subscribe to (b), because it's a very tight league, and if Naaarwech are top of the league then it's not what it was.

But as far as I can see, Jos isn't suited to either.

He won't play the crockery, and the type of football he's trying to play will break the hearts of the kids.

Six Fingers would suit both (a) and (b).

He'd play our strongest line-up, keep it simple, and make us hard to beat thus increasing our chances in the league.

If we fail, then once again he'd make us hard to beat so if we play the kids next season in essence he'd do a Gray and we wouldn't have to fear the drop.

49 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

To watch reserve team football, let's be honest much of our match day squad belongs in the u23 team yet we are paying the second heighest prices in the league.

All this blooding youngster rounduns is nonsense, at this moment in time, blooding youngsters should be way down the list of priorities.

We need our best experienced players in our starting 11 and we need to stop this slide fast.

Quite simply, its because DC is taking us for mugs 

“We” rolled the dice....and now “we” pay the price. That’s a royal “we” of course...Ironically I think most Owls would have been delighted with a sustainable long term strategy. Almost a case of “As we were” under MM but with the benefit of cash behind us. Picking up young talent and bargains when the opportunities presented themselves. DC created the expectation, either by design or by accident.

The blooding of young players is a luxury, but let’s be fair there were plenty asking for it on here. I said in the closed season that bringing one, maybe two through would have been about as much as you could hope for in this league.

As it is we now have to hope we survive and hope even more that someone is bought in to oversee all football operations. Things seem poo now and they are, they can get a whole load worse though.

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

we didn't want carlos coz he played his favourites and wouldn't play the youngsters and now we don't want the youngsters and want the old'uns back ………"be careful what you wish for " springs to mind .

Carlos’s error doesn’t have to be fixed by doing the exact opposite. A happy medium was required. 

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Ive paid in advance, but just a gesture that demonstrates he's listening would be a start.

Also, he needs to be very very careful with the pricing for renewing in the new year.

He does indeed.

Cut the high POTG prices too much and face a backlash from from season ticket holders who bought their ticket to avoid high POTG prices. 

Cut the season ticket renewal price and face a demand for refunds from the multi year season ticket brigade.

Don’t expect much to change. 

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Which we are, only Norwich who sit top of the league are more expensive to watch than us but still we are watching our reserve team on a weekly basis.

Just looked on Norwich's OS for their next home game. Tickets for adults v Millwall is £25 behind the goals, up to £30 in the South Stand (but many are still £25), with a few £35 tickets in the Geoffrey Watling Stand (with some at £25).

These prices are cheaper then ours. Kids are a tenner in every stand.

10 hours ago, Sonny said:

Thought ifollow was a standardised price.

Judging by the fact the OP uses the first person plural pronoun 'we' when discussing paying for tickets, I can only assume he doesn't use iFollow but actually buys tickets and attends matches. Otherwise, he'd have used the second person pronoun 'you', wouldn't he?

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Judging by the fact the OP uses the first person plural pronoun 'we' when discussing paying for tickets, I can only assume he doesn't use iFollow but actually buys tickets and attends matches. Otherwise, he'd have used the second person pronoun 'you', wouldn't he?

You’d think so yeah but New Zealand is a fair old trek.

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

To watch reserve team football, let's be honest much of our match day squad belongs in the u23 team yet we are paying the second heighest prices in the league.

All this blooding youngster rounduns is nonsense, at this moment in time, blooding youngsters should be way down the list of priorities.

We need our best experienced players in our starting 11 and we need to stop this slide fast.

I remember people screaming for the youngsters to be given a chance