Carlos and that 3rd Season - Take a look

Having had 2 play off finishes.....then in the 3rd season we were heading for a top 6 finish until injuries and the wheels came off, just take a look at game 7.

I dont even think we had Fessi around this time either cuz he was out way before this. 

Then by xmas he decided to leave cuz the fans turned on him calling for him to leave at Hillsborough and then Swansea came knocking again for a 2nd time....

If we had beaten the blades things may have been different. 

Untitled.png.f71ddc1071b8f0ba6f421384f984657c.png

10 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

But Carlos did lose the Derby and then finished with a team which could only play sideways at walking pace.

Jos has to pick his best team, that he can rely on for the next game and they owe him and us a result big time.

It is not gonna happen with Jos mate....he has lost the players. 

2 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

It is not gonna happen with Jos mate....he has lost the players. 

My only concern with changing the Manager is the players have won again. Let's be fair Carlos wasn't a bad manager, but he's obviously lost the players.

We've got a problem because the senior players Jos isn't picking won't give 100% because they want new contracts. Same as 03-04 season.

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

My only concern with changing the Manager is the players have won again. Let's be fair Carlos wasn't a bad manager, but he's obviously lost the players.

We've got a problem because the senior players Jos isn't picking won't give 100% because they want new contracts. Same as 03-04 season.

I dont think CC lost the players see. Carlos never gives that impression when you see him in interviews. 

We lost Fessi and Hutchinson via injury if my memory is correct. Then the more injuries followed and the wheels came off. A few draws set us back too. 

But as for the players, I think they liked him. 

Edited by CF83OWL

6 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont think CC lost the players see. Carlos never gives that impression when you see him in interviews. 

We lost Fessi and Hutchinson via injury if my memory is correct. Then the more injuries followed and the wheels came off. A few draws set us back too. 

But as for the players, I think they liked him. 

If they'd liked him they wouldn't have put in such poor performances, like Hull at home? Playing at walking pace sideways.

11 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

His big mistake after the team went on a good run of wins towards the end of his second season was to drop in form players for his crocked favourites.

Partly right, but the major thing is he couldn’t change his game plan regardless of player changes and teams learned to play against us. Just rotating players didn’t change the style of play when it was required 

Just now, debram said:

Its going to be difficult to sort that shambles of a defence and midfield before friday

Agree. But we are missing Matias and Forestieri they keep the ball upfront with direct running and clever running off the ball into space. Which in turn keeps it away from the backline. We seem void of ideas without them.

We also need to play 3 at the back. There needs to be more defenders in there not less of them.

And no Hector.  Absolutely criminal.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Agree. But we are missing Matias and Forestieri they keep the ball upfront with direct running and clever running off the ball into space. Which in turn keeps it away from the backline. We seem void of ideas without them.

We also need to play 3 at the back. There needs to be more defenders in there not less of them.

And no Hector.  Absolutely criminal.

Agree but as usual injuries are killing us, can't work out why no hector yesterday though.

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Agree but as usual injuries are killing us, can't work out why no hector yesterday though.

Jos probably trying to be clever and getting it spectacularly wrong.

With a back 4 though unless he dropped Lees he was never playing Hector as he likes to go with a right footer on the right and left footer on the left of the two centre backs.

Edited by pazowl55

12 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

If we had beaten the blades things may have been different

This is key for me. Maybe a lot of fans won’t admit it, but a lot care only about beating United. That is when there was no going back for me and it was when, not if he left from the moment we lost that game.

If we won that game, Carlos would have been a legend to a lot of fans. Some will still have wanted him to go, but I don’t think the chanting would have started. It would have regularly been mentioned “at least he beat United and I’ll always love him for that” “I don’t care what we do this season at least we beat the blunts”. You’d read that over “look at the mess he’s got us in”.

I think those who speak abusively of him now would say things like “well he beat United so I’d still let Carlos sh ag my wife” instead.

Football eh?