Sign in to follow this  
gbear05

Chansiri Brought Us Money, But Not Much Else

The thing I’ve learnt from Chansiri’s reign, is that whilst it seems great having a chairman with a lot of money behind him, it isn’t really worth very much when he doesn’t know how to use that money.

Despite our spending, we are far behind other clubs with much smaller budgets, both on and off the field. 

We desparately need a more professional approach to taking this club forward.

I don’t think anyone doubt’s Chansiri’s intent, in that he wants us to progress and be successful but it seems very clear that he really is completely out of his depth.

Perhaps he could not completely step aside, but stay a part of the club whilst some others come in to help. I don’t think we can survive under him.

Look I understand your frustration, but what you witnessed today can only be laid at DC’s door because he employed an absolute idiot. 

In modern football what else is there other than money?

My humble opinion, better DC than roll the dice, that's even if there are any buyers out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Look I understand your frustration, but what you witnessed today can only be laid at DC’s door because he employed an absolute idiot. 

Two absolute idiots. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

My humble opinion, better DC than roll the dice, that's even if there are any buyers out there.

Agreed. Mandaric almost sold us to that Mammadov crook, & he supposedly had our best interests at heart. Chansiri has got us in a mess, but I prefer his honest limitations to rolling the dice on a new unknown owner

He also brought hope, which seemingly leads to entitlement.

Prior to chansiri I seem to remember dog fights to avoid relegation and scrapping to mid table by very full football being considered a success. 

Now, we’ll even in our darkest days, even with 14 first teamers out last season we expected, maybe even demanded more. 

With or without Jos, we still have a squad more capable than any time in last 20 years or so. Even if we release stars that I’d never imagined us signing prior to his arrival. Even if we sell stars I’d never of thought we’d have before his arrival we are still better than before. 

Mistakes have been made. Certainly! But even taking those in I’m still more hopeful than any time in modern history. 

41 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

The thing I’ve learnt from Chansiri’s reign, is that whilst it seems great having a chairman with a lot of money behind him, it isn’t really worth very much when he doesn’t know how to use that money.

Despite our spending, we are far behind other clubs with much smaller budgets, both on and off the field. 

I don’t think anyone doubt’s Chansiri’s intent, in that he wants us to progress and be successful but it seems very clear that he really is completely out of his depth.

Perhaps he could not completely step aside, but stay a part of the club whilst some others come in to help. I don’t think we can survive under him.

This is the part that rings most true, I think the problem is, Chansiri and Carlos clearly had a plan to get promoted in the first 2 years. Hence why we concentrated all of our recruitment on top end championship players, already tried and tested on big contracts. If it worked which it very nearly did, the script would be so different. But it didn’t, and now the injuries have caught up with us we’re left with a load of ageing highly paid players on long contracts. Chansiri went all in, and lost the coin flip, it’s that simple really

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Goals and trophies. 

For those with short memories, we got to the play off final in 2016.

After that with hindsight, we should have changed manager, who knows what would have happened the following season.

DC has made mistakes but his financial committment has been excellent, again with hindsight poor purchases of players.

If the chairman could show a little humility we can move on from this, I’d support him.

Jos is not the man we need in my opinion, I’m not sure who is at the moment. It’s re group and reform time. 

We need a strong chairman to see us through this. DC is light years ahead of some chairman we have had in the past but still a long way from the finished article.

Staying in The Championship this year is the short term goal.

UTO

Gambled the money for an instant return and has lost the lot...

terrible financial forecasting going sh*t or bust on getting to the premiership .. definitely not what an proven business man would carry out!!

needs to fecking sort it out because this stubborn behaviour is a detriment to the club

4 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

For those with short memories, we got to the play off final in 2016.

After that with hindsight, we should have changed manager, who knows what would have happened the following season.

DC has made mistakes but his financial committment has been excellent, again with hindsight poor purchases of players.

If the chairman could show a little humility we can move on from this, I’d support him.

Jos is not the man we need in my opinion, I’m not sure who is at the moment. It’s re group and reform time. 

We need a strong chairman to see us through this. DC is light years ahead of some chairman we have had in the past but still a long way from the finished article.

Staying in The Championship this year is the short term goal.

UTO

We have a nice tv screen

9 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

terrible financial forecasting going sh*t or bust on getting to the premiership .. definitely not what an proven business man would carry out!!

needs to fecking sort it out because this stubborn behaviour is a detriment to the club

Agreed. If Chansiri had even took a casual look at what happens to other clubs when they’ve taken a similar approach, he’d have immediately seen how immature and unprofessional it is.

It’s an incredibly high risk to take and other clubs have taken much smaller risks but have achieved his same ambition of getting promoted.

If we’d been promoted, I dread to think how quickly the premier league agents would have fleeced him for fees.

Chansiri strikes me as being quite naive and lacking self-awareness. He needs to bring new, experienced people in around him as quickly as possible. But I’m not sure he thinks he needs that? 

That’s my biggest worry. 

15 hours ago, gbear05 said:

Gone down hill since Paul Aldridge left IMO

15 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

He has a way of coaching that has resulted in promotions.

Maybe this league is tougher than he expected but he made things happen at the end of last season..

Just now, slinger208b said:

He has a way of coaching that has resulted in promotions.

Maybe this league is tougher than he expected but he made things happen at the end of last season..

Division 2 in Germany must be a strange league if you can get promotion playing negative football. 

• Haha 1

He’s put as much as permitted in, but he isn’t a football person and has been badly advised. He also thinks he can charge fans top dollar when this area is among one of the most lowest salaried areas in Europe

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Division 2 in Germany must be a strange league if you can get promotion playing negative football. 

I guess positive football for you is winning every match 5-0...

Having a mega rich chairmen owner with no idea how to run a football club is like having a Ferrari when you cant drive a car. Only going to end one way.