Advice for Mr Chansiri

Thank you for your investment and commitment so far 

However confronting angry fans after a 4th successive humiliation with another unthinkable one on the doorstep - does no one any good

Please appoint Howard wilkinson as CEO / Director of football or what ever title you wish  BUT give him the executive ability to handle your investment from here.

• Like 3

I've not seen HW for some time, for all I know he could be in a rest home, uninterested or just no longer capable of such a huge task. Your sentiment is spot on though. DC needs to put some distance between himself and S6 if we are to move forward. The title is irrelevant but the appointment of a true footballing person to oversee footballing matters has been a priority for some considerable time, with hindsight, since day one of DC's reign. I don't think the person needs to be a Wednesday fan because that clearly has a downside to go with any benefits. Also, it limits our options considerably.......

I think things have irretrievably broken down with regard to the status of the Club. It just depends how long it will take to bottom out.

The big fear is another Portsmouth, Coventry, Bolton, Blackburn etc. I can can see it getting a lot worse before it gets better. Long term, the Club is in a disastrous position - fan recruitment, retention. Alienation.

A vanity project gone wrong.

It’s exacerbated by those across the City doing well, and charging reasonable prices.

I have no idea if the Chairman has the funds to continue. Or, how it will end. But, I have my suspicions.

But I dont see a change of course - it’s just one way now. Down.

It’s long term survival, fans should be concentrating on - not relegation/promotion.

New generations of fans, players, managers and investment won’t be attracted to us.

Yes, I’m that cynical.

Mostly predictable I’m afraid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

While Howard Wilkinson is an experienced football man with Wednesday close to his heart wasn't it him that brought Alan Irvine to the club?

fair point

I think he suddenly became available with a good reputation    I think Lee would know the thinking and who steered that one 

i assume you think that would exclude HW  ?

I think it's an absolute given that at the minimum he is consulted if/when Jos goes    it should but wont happen I know it 

Just now, theowlsman said:

1)Howard Wilkinson did not bring AI to the club.

2)Howard Wilkinson just wishes to enjoy his retirement. Wouldn’t be interested. We should never have found ourselves in such circumstances of turmoil again.

didnt know you were his confidante 

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Think hw might not want the stress now at his age and who can blame him. We do need a hw type though to get stuck in and sort it out 

yep  he may have put his slippers on and not want an exec role but I would at least recommend  going round his house and getting his advice  or even MM he needs help and he needs it last week 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

yep  he may have put his slippers on and not want an exec role but I would at least recommend  going round his house and getting his advice  or even MM he needs help and he needs it last week 

I think you’re clutching at straws Tim.

Most people are swimming to the lifeboats - or will be. Not swimming towards a burning wreck.

Whats bits of the infrastructure do suggest are worth clinging onto?

Its a write off ATM. Top to bottom. 3 years of mismanagement, of colossal proportions.

Positives/optimism - I don’t see any.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I think you’re clutching at straws Tim.

Most people are swimming to the lifeboats - or will be. Not swimming towards a burning wreck.

Whats bits of the infrastructure do suggest are worth clinging onto?

Its a write off ATM. Top to bottom. 3 years of mismanagement, of colossal proportions.

Positives/optimism - I don’t see any.

There are always options  we are not relegated yet :unsure:

the thing that worries me is the' big trouble' we are in in the unlikely event we aren't promoted - (deluded much ?)

Even if I was an egotistical autocrat -If I was watching 80m go down the drain I might seek some help 

this season under an embargo was always going to be a ***** I will settle for mid table now and off load as many sick notes as we can 

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

Thank you for your investment and commitment so far 

However confronting angry fans after a 4th successive humiliation with another unthinkable one on the doorstep - does no one any good

Please appoint Howard wilkinson as CEO / Director of football or what ever title you wish  BUT give him the executive ability to handle your investment from here.

Alternatively put the club up for sale and be realistic with your asking price.