Joey

2 hours ago, Slogboy said:

Neither was it Penney or Palmers. In case you isn't realise, we started with a flat back 4 then 2nd half went 4-3-3 . Yes it was dire 2nd half but why was it changed I'd be asking

I wasnt saying it wad Penney ot Palmers fault, i was pointing out the reasons why we are frequently overrun in midfield when we play 3 at the back. This is part the reason why ant midfielder who plays fornus looks poo .

Yesterday was a disaster for everyone out there. Different formation but same old problems. Normally we get overun through the middle when we play 3 at the back. Cos we went 433 yesterday and had the extra man in there, Norwich went down the sides and cut us to pieces that way instead.

My point wasnt that it was anyones specific fault, it was that no defensive player in our midfield is going to look good when we play the wee wee poor counter attacking way that we are play. Slaughtering Pelupessy isnt right when the issue is really that we are being set up to allow teams to control the game and our midfield.

On 04/11/2018 at 00:16, Dutch McLovin said:

Let this sink in.... Joey Pelupessy, a cm player had his first touch of the ball today in the 26... YES TWENTY SIXTH minute of the game.

25 mins and 28 seconds before he touched the ball. 

Fake news.

1790753297_FLC_2018.SheffieldWednesday_vs.Norwich_City.03112018.iFollow_720p_30fps.mkv_snapshot_00_30_15_897.thumb.jpg.dd4a4a022cf8004ce4bc5b998c640bb6.jpg1225229860_FLC_2018.SheffieldWednesday_vs.Norwich_City.03112018.iFollow_720p_30fps.mkv_snapshot_00_30.16_301.thumb.jpg.4b3c62af96de7b43d316c0e0fd00f1a9.jpg

17 minutes and 35 seconds, you were only off by about 8 minutes (and he was the one harrying the player to get the ball back before Bannan passed it to him here).

Edited by פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/11/2018 at 20:28, Bouncing Owl said:

Absolutely garbage. He’s a league 1 player. Some on here defend him and think he’s brilliant - they are either deluded or just like arguing with other posters or anti hutch.

Game just passes him by. 

A good match for him is not directly costing a goal and passing the ball to bannan more than 4 times

On 03/11/2018 at 20:13, NYowl said:

Jones is poor but he reads the game better than Pelupessy. Pelupessy is just a tackler who chases after the ball. Part of the reason the defence is left exposed.

A good defensive midfield player doesn't need to be flying in to tackles, they read the game and anticipate.

Joey is what he is at 500k about the right price.

If that's the case, can you explain why last season Joey Pelupessy averaged 3 times as many interceptions per-game as Jones did? 

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If that's the case, can you explain why last season Joey Pelupessy averaged 3 times as many interceptions per-game as Jones did? 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

whoscored.com, which is a reliable source

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're made up lol 

I will have to take a look at that site, I am reporting what I have seen with my own eyes. You will find out as you continue with your studies that sometimes it is the quality rather than the quantity that matters.

Never understood the hype.

Midfielders in the Championship need to be box-to-box players who can pass, create, tackle. and chip in with a few goals.  Pelupessy can only tackle, and he struggles with that sometimes. Nowhere near good enough on the ball to be playing at this level for me. 

Compare him to our who them lot have in midfield. Fleck, Norwood and Duffy would run rings around him. 

On 03/11/2018 at 18:15, BIG D said:

What does he actually do?

I know we were sh ite all over the park but I’m struggling to remember anything he did all game. I see Onomah has taken stick but at least he did get involved. 

JP a ball winner?  Not fit to lace Sams jockstrap. 

The only Sam whose jock strap I would consider lacing is that of Sam Fox...

You have to be 50 to remember, I reckon.