Joey

He gets isolated a lot mainly because Bannan does his chasing down the keeper/ centre half act to show that he cares but just actually leaves a space in the middle of the park that the opposition then exploit.

Is Joey great - no, of course he isn't but I do think he's another player let down by poor management and tactics. Breaks up play at times, can be tidy on the ball. Still learning. 

3 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

He gets isolated a lot mainly because Bannan does his chasing down the keeper/ centre half act to show that he cares but just actually leaves a space in the middle of the park that the opposition then exploit.

Is Joey great - no, of course he isn't but I do think he's another player let down by poor management and tactics. Breaks up play at times, can be tidy on the ball. Still learning. 

Trust me he's rubbish stop making excuses we as supporters should stop excepting it or making excuses for it 

At this level playing that position you need to do more than occasionally win tackles, make interceptions and pass 5 yards.

You have to drive forward with the ball, make forward passes, dictate tempo, be available and move into the space, be much better positionally. I’m not even concerned about goals and assists because that’s not his job. It’s his actually job that worries.

Whenever I see him I’m sad to say he looks very poor. There are dozens of players in the lower leagues who can do his role more effectively.

I think it will be very interesting to see what level he’s playing at in 2-3 years time if he leaves us. Same goes for quite a few of our squad.

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

At this level playing that position you need to do more than occasionally win tackles, make interceptions and pass 5 yards.

You have to drive forward with the ball, make forward passes, dictate tempo, be available and move into the space, be much better positionally. I’m not even concerned about goals and assists because that’s not his job. It’s his actually job that worries.

Whenever I see him I’m sad to say he looks very poor. There are dozens of players in the lower leagues who can do his role more effectively.

I think it will be very interesting to see what level he’s playing at in 2-3 years time if he leaves us. Same goes for quite a few of our squad.

The best player I've seen in this role was Carlton palmer 

Just now, owler66 said:

The best player I've seen in this role was Carlton palmer 

Well he was clearly different class. He had everything you could dream of in a box to box midfielder. 

I don't expect us to have anyone near the  quality of Carlton. What I do wonder though is if Joey would get in any other side in this division. 

5 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Trust me he's rubbish stop making excuses we as supporters should stop excepting it or making excuses for it 

Don't need to trust you or not. I can see it with my own mincers. 

My point is it can't be easy playing in that ever changing midfield, as there appears to be very little consistency or organisation.

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Well he was clearly different class. He had everything you could dream of in a box to box midfielder. 

I don't expect us to have anyone near the  quality of Carlton. What I do wonder though is if Joey would get in any other side in this division. 

Possibly not. But he wouldn't be on his own in that respect.

14 minutes ago, roland nilson said:

Known from 1st couple of games he’s no better than we had , ineffective generally and sums Jos up, but after I’ll these years we’ll support SWFC after these people all long gone, incompetent is what I think

Perhaps sums Jos up, in as much as he is his most expensive signing. £400k.

Stick Hamilton in a 2nd hand Micra and see how he does.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

He wouldn't get in any league 1 side