Chansiri kicking off

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes but it was not done by building slowly and making decisions that were sustainable for the long term.

Everything was a gamble to go up within 2 years with zero thought to what would happen if we just missed out.

That could be construed as a strategy in its own right. We are only where we are because it failed to materialise in promotion. Had we gone up in either of those two seasons, we would be walking in milk and honey now.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

That could be construed as a strategy in its own right. We are only where we are because it failed to materialise in promotion. Had we gone up in either of those two seasons, we would be walking in milk and honey now.

Disagree. With what we have seen since predict if we had won at Wembley we would have got relegated first season and blown all the windfall on even more expensive players and even more generous contracts and been in an even worse mess now. 

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes but it was not done by building slowly and making decisions that were sustainable for the long term.

Everything was a gamble to go up within 2 years with zero thought to what would happen if we just missed out.

Not entirely true Matt. The emphasis certainly was on, sooner rather than later, but at the same time, he was putting in place a youth system, that is now starting to produce

Edited by gurujuan

47 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

I don't like all this abuse towards Chansiri, he's a good guy with money doing a bad job.

His decision making is poor, remember he didn't sack Carlos, Carlos mutually agreed to leave once the Swansea job was in sight. 

Perhaps Chansiri is too nice for his own good, he needs a bit of ruthlessness. 

As others have mentioned, he used TUF on those advertising boards when he joined without their permission. He has also created fake companies like D-taxis and Elev8.

Are these the behaviours of a good guy? Because I think they're symptomatic of quite a few things... "good" is not one of the first that springs to mind. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Disagree. With what we have seen since predict if we had won at Wembley we would have got relegated first season and blown all the windfall on even more expensive players and even more generous contracts and been in an even worse mess now. 

Depends largely if you are a half empty or half full type of person. Promotion may have also laid a platform for Chansiri to exit in a win-win situation. As it is now, we face years of dismal tidings unless something drastically changes.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not entirely true Matt. The emphasis certainly was on, sooner rather than later, but at the same time, he was putting in place a youth system, that is now starting to produce

I think the majority of the plaudits for the youth system should go to the foundations Milan Manderic and Dave Jones put in place when they were at the club.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-academy-lays-foundations-for-builder-dave-jones-1-4634991

I dont think everything Chansiri has done at Wednesday has been poor but that bad outweigh the good.

I would say to him look its just not working him being Chairman and he should look to sell the club on.

Yes billionaires wanting to buy football clubs dont grow on trees but should start looking for someone.

2 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Oh dear,accusing people of creating fake companies is not the brightest idea fella.Lets hope he is a nice man our you could be in hot water.

Is that a personal threat? lol 

Well I mean they're real in that they exist and are registered and everything. They're not real in that they've both been trading for over a year and lord knows you can't buy any product (apart from a football shirt) with Elev8 attributed to it, and not a single soul has ever ridden a D-taxi in their lives. 

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I mentioned earlier, for an owner new to football, Chansiri’s record of 2 play offs in his 3 completed seasons, is actually pretty impressive

ironically beats a lot of other owners, as he got us close maybe that reinforces the believe his  approach is right.

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

ironically beats a lot of other owners, as he got us close maybe that reinforces the believe his  approach is right.

I’m sure following a Wembley final at the first attempt, it did convince him, as it probably would most people

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Is that a personal threat? lol 

Well I mean they're real in that they exist and are registered and everything. They're not real in that they've both been trading for over a year and lord knows you can't buy any product (apart from a football shirt) with Elev8 attributed to it, and not a single soul has ever ridden a D-taxi in their lives. 

Yeah...somethings are best left alone.

The whole Elev-8, D-taxis thing is probably one of them. 

25 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

As others have mentioned, he used TUF on those advertising boards when he joined without their permission. He has also created fake companies like D-taxis and Elev8.

Are these the behaviours of a good guy? Because I think they're symptomatic of quite a few things... "good" is not one of the first that springs to mind. 

Apparently he intended / still intends to buy City Taxis and rebrand them as D-Taxis, but obviously this has yet to happen, hence the 'coming soon'. 

51 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I mentioned earlier, for an owner new to football, Chansiri’s record of 2 play offs in his 3 completed seasons, is actually pretty impressive

Yep, and done off the back of his early days when he was being advised on signings from Roeder and co, before ditching them and getting into bed with Doyen.

Reach aside, and arguably Fletcher, did we ever actually make a signing that improved the team post play off final?

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Yep, and done off the back of his early days when he was being advised on signings from Roeder and co, before ditching them and getting into bed with Doyen.

Reach aside, and arguably Fletcher, did we ever actually make a signing that improved the team post play off final?

Certainly agree with all of that

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah...somethings are best left alone.

The whole Elev-8, D-taxis thing is probably one of them. 

I'm not sure there's another professional football club in the world where the shirt sponsors are something "probably best left alone". 

What a time to be a Wednesday fan eh? 

19 hours ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Some pretty sad stuff on this thread.

When we got up to 6th a few weeks back there was plenty 'of cap doffing for 'Mr Chansiri'. Now it would seem he is the devil incarnate.

Maybe a bit of perspective is required from some?

How dare you be logical on this thread.

1 hour ago, Watto said:

What makes you think he's a good guy?

He certainly doesn't come across as so.

He finds it very difficult to raise a smile , seems a very unemotional type of bloke to me 

His problem is his trust and faith in people high up around him who are also way beyond their own depth. I do think he has his best intentions, he could easily walk away or let us rot. He needs to be a better judgement of character and not be taken in by people with the gift of the gab like Carlos and Katrien.

We're talking about a guy who is where he is because of nepotism but I generally feel he has our best intention at heart (maybe to protect his ego) and I like how he can be quite fiery. Business wise, he's far from the cream of the crop but at the end of the day he's the one with the money.