Chansiri kicking off

4 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Yep exactly, part of me wishes I screengrabbed it last night, part of me is glad I didn't. Certainly a vile, disgusting comment to make and I'm not someone who can just see something like that and forget about it. To be completely frank seeing one of our "fans" post that comment upset me 1,000 times more than our result yesterday.

I'm not surprised pal. Completely and utterly disgusting on so many levels.

Shameful thing to post about anybody. Let alone 2 men who have done their best regardless of the respective outcomes. I despair of people.

• Like 1

The lack of any evidence of businesses outside of swfc has always concerned me and the creation of taxi firms and energy drinks did nothing to allay those fears.

Contrast with what the guy at Leicester did and what you can find out about him outside of football, the difference is stark. Why have TUF not been involved more. They were all badged up when Mandaric left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Yeah some of our fans love to lick hisarse....see steering group for this.

A totally pointless waste of time that.

Sadly I have to agree with this.

I've wished they'd improve over the years but they never do.

The Chairman shouldn't attend them either - it should be delegated

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, rob1601 said:

The lack of any evidence of businesses outside of swfc has always concerned me and the creation of taxi firms and energy drinks did nothing to allay those fears.

Contrast with what the guy at Leicester did and what you can find out about him outside of football, the difference is stark. Why have TUF not been involved more. They were all badged up when Mandaric left.

I find this very strange . Like you say , their logo was all over the place when DC took over, then just vanished. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

So he put it there without their say so ? 

That is one that I definitely do know the answer to and have put on here in the past. Folk won't believe it no matter how many times I say it so I'll just let it go over my head and let people think what they want.

On 03/11/2018 at 17:36, FreshOwl said:

I doubt he even understands why we’re truly upset - and that’s probably the biggest problem

He probably thinks we’re throwing the toys out because we’re not top of the league and smashing it 

Not the list of other issues at the club

It's the lies that anger me the most, like we are a bunch of idiots!

39 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Reign of Terror in regards to the extornate ticket prices that have effectively priced out ordinary fans like myself ? can't come soon enough as far as i'm concerned.:tango:

Yeah you might come and watch us in 2025

Edited by daveyboy66

1 hour ago, Mus said:

It's the lies that anger me the most, like we are a bunch of idiots!

This for me too, there is a definite air of superiority which comes from DC in relation to the fans, almost as if he can tell us what he likes and we are in no position to question him. Maybe there's a cultural aspect to that too, but either way, at the very least he has mislead fans and does not seem to be able to stand up to any sort of tough questioning. His rambling at the fans forums reek of self importance and 'hot air' in order to keep people quiet, in truth they're not much more than the ramblings of a man who seemingly has no script. He says a lot, without saying much at all. 

The one thing that really irks me which in no way can he come out of looking good is his comment about Jos pay being more than Carlos. We know Carlos was given an improved contract and that Jos has been out of work for 18+months.

So either DC is an awful businessman paying over the odds that literally no club in Germany wanted to employ or he's not telling the truth, either way, that sums him up to me. 

On 04/11/2018 at 19:00, BD2OWL said:

Thanks for proving just what a no win situation any chairman that comes into our club is in. 

He spends it his fault, he doesn’t spend then he’s a cheeky monkey. 

Or spend within the rules. He chose to go over the ffp limits 100% avoidable situation. 

Guest addedtime
5 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Or spend within the rules. He chose to go over the ffp limits 100% avoidable situation. 

Exactly.

A statement saying that that's it with spending due to P & S limitations would help the transparency problems. We'll know he's spent, but is trying to keep en even keel.

14 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Perhaps Thai Union Group didn't want it there? :ph34r:

Maybe, his family think he’s mad pumping money into a football club at the other side if the world. 

They could have pulled out, told him to also, and there’s been a fall out.  Hence his stress / touchy response to any criticism 

On 04/11/2018 at 01:51, steveger said:

what staff is this ? genuinely interested

He means ordinary day to day working people.

Not football staff, trainers - medical - players etc.

26 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Maybe, his family think he’s mad pumping money into a football club at the other side if the world. 

They could have pulled out, told him to also, and there’s been a fall out.  Hence his stress / touchy response to any criticism 

These days, I am into Sino-UK trade and investment. In my previous life, I had a business based in China closely related to food and fisheries stock. Many years ago (long before DC became involved with Wednesday), I joined a consortium of China based fishing companies that held a minor stake in Thai Union. We get the dispatches that ALL shareholders receive.

At the time when there was initial interest in UK Football at both SWFC and Reading, the TUF logo (Now Thai Union Group PCL) was appearing on backdrops. You have to realise that Thai Union is public listed company and not privately owned. The Chansiri family collectively hold a 20.3% stake in the organisation. That certainly does not give any of the Chansiri family the remit to spend company funds on loss making projects outside the core discipline of Thai Union, namely "Food Processing and Manufacturing".

If you think that DC's brother and father might be perplexed about the purchase of football clubs "on the other side of the world", think how ordinary shareholders of TUG would have felt about THEIR investment being used in this way? TUG moved quickly with the response and a spokesperson put out a statement that football investment is not linked to TUG and is entirely a matter for members of the Chansiri family and funded out of their own personal wealth.

Many on here still cling to the hope or dream that TUG will sail in with mega investment or commercial deals. I am here to say, you are in for a long, long wait.

• Thanks 8

8 hours ago, hawksmore said:

This for me too, there is a definite air of superiority which comes from DC in relation to the fans, almost as if he can tell us what he likes and we are in no position to question him. Maybe there's a cultural aspect to that too, but either way, at the very least he has mislead fans and does not seem to be able to stand up to any sort of tough questioning. His rambling at the fans forums reek of self importance and 'hot air' in order to keep people quiet, in truth they're not much more than the ramblings of a man who seemingly has no script. He says a lot, without saying much at all. 

I have read people on here saying about Thai culture and respect and all that, think that maybe have something to do with it.

Buy think basically he is a mega rich bloke and is used to people bowing and scraping to him. Think he is surprised that football fans can be quite confrontational sometimes and he thought people would be a lot more grateful with how much money he has ploughed into the club.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have read people on here saying about Thai culture and respect and all that, think that maybe have something to do with it.

Buy think basically he is a mega rich bloke and is used to people bowing and scraping to him. Think he is surprised that football fans can be quite confrontational sometimes and he thought people would be a lot more grateful with how much money he has ploughed into the club.

Vichai at Leicester seemed to have no problem treating people with respect, even when times weren’t so rosy there. I’m with you. I think the difference is down to the individual concerned, not Thai culture.