Chansiri kicking off

No more foreigners with no links to the local area and zero understanding of British football and culture.  We should have learned our lesson by now.

Hopefully if all the 'big' clubs feck off to their European super League we can restore some sanity to football finances and fan ownership can be a workable option again.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

It would need to be a very large market opportunity to have a loss leader in the region of £80M. 

Aye, something like a retail park and commercial premises. It is highly unlikely that they would pay Chansiri back in full. Chansiri will, at some point, have to cut his losses big time (unless the highly unlikely scenario of promotion to the Premier League occurs).

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, but owning a football club can sometimes be a useful loss leader to get a foothold in a foreign location then opening up other opportunities more directly related to the owner's core business interests.

I’m really struggling with this. Please enlighten me into why losing millions of pounds is useful?

1 minute ago, Bukta said:

I’m really struggling with this. Please enlighten me into why losing millions of pounds is useful?

Then ask why there has been so many foreign owners. Most of them are not stupid people and they know that it is unlikely that football investment in itself, will bring a large return. Some are in it for egotistical or vanity reasons. The others generally see it as a stepping stone to other things.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Then ask why there has been so many foreign owners. Most of them are not stupid people and they know that it is unlikely that football investment in itself, will bring a large return. Some are in it for egotistical or vanity reasons. The others generally see it as a stepping stone to other things.

Think Wednesday is Chansiris vanity project. You only have to see his name in the seats, on the advertising boards, flashing on the screen and in all the shirts to realise this. Really a pet hate of mine how we are almost more Chansiri FC then Sheffield Wednesday these days.

Yes I know he pays for this but they are othee chairman with big egos out there who dont feel the need to do this.

14 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

No more foreigners with no links to the local area and zero understanding of British football and culture.  We should have learned our lesson by now.

Hopefully if all the 'big' clubs feck off to their European super League we can restore some sanity to football finances and fan ownership can be a workable option again.

Hear what you're saying but they'll take the bulk of sponsorship money too.

11 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Lol two weeks ago we were a point of playoffs, now we're in free fall. Chansiri has done a lot for this club, remember what it was like 5 years ago

No different to how it is now, heck our defence was 5 times better back in 2013

Amazingly, On the whole after all the investment we’re probably worse now 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I've just seen this on social media...

DrH73QTWwAEet6f.jpg:large

He had a free question time with Chansiri and all he could think of was to ask why Westwood isn't playing?!

We have so many other pressing issues way above that, what a wasted opportunity!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Do they have a right to post on Twitter "someone order a helicopter for Chansiri"? That's a tweet I read last night, example of our wonderful "fans".

For me that is the same league as the billy sharp tweet ...yeah we are all pissed of but fk me !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Wednesday is Chansiris vanity project. You only have to see his name in the seats, on the advertising boards, flashing on the screen and in all the shirts to realise this. Really a pet hate of mine how we are almost more Chansiri FC then Sheffield Wednesday these days.

Yes I know he pays for this but they are othee chairman with big egos out there who dont feel the need to do this.

Think this is more to honour his father and family than his own vanity. Thai's are very big on family respect.

Edited by Hookowl

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Because we should just unquestioningly worship the ground he walks on due to the fact that he bought us a new TV screen.

Yeah some of our fans love to lick hisarse....see steering group for this.

A totally pointless waste of time that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mogbad said:

It might not have been a great week for DC considering the Leicester issue, however there will have been Wednesdayites in the crowd today who will have lost close family in the last week but they decided to take the kids as usual despite their own emotional turmoil. 

DC's loss of a friend & business associate pales at the side of Wednesdayites that have made a very brave decision.

Really?

After what happened with George Hirst?

29 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

For me that is the same league as the billy sharp tweet ...yeah we are all pissed of but fk me !

Yep exactly, part of me wishes I screengrabbed it last night, part of me is glad I didn't. Certainly a vile, disgusting comment to make and I'm not someone who can just see something like that and forget about it. To be completely frank seeing one of our "fans" post that comment upset me 1,000 times more than our result yesterday.