Chansiri kicking off

16 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Good... Might make him think and accept for once that's he's wrong, and has been on many occasions.

I really don't care anymore.. it's going to take years to sort this mess out now.

All I want to see is the club rebuilding and a manager and Chairman in that knows what they're doing.

Seeing as it took Milan years to find some one stupid enough to buy a Football club, how long do you think these Blue Knights will take to ride to the rescue?.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think the more I pay for a ticket the more demanding I am of the team.

I don't think anyone is wanting deserved criticism stopped 

but frankly coming out into an angry crowd after that display  was just another example bad judgement but perhaps he wanted to vent off himself.

I doubt he's used to vocal criticism     he needs to realise any chairman would have got the same reaction 

Edited by steelowl

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Me too. But how does this relate to our right to be angry?

Were we less entitled to be angry under previous chairmen when ticket prices were lower? Are those who pay on the day more entitled to be angry at a particular game than season ticket holders who spend less per game for their rage entitlement? What about those who get reduced price tickets for various reasons - do they have to dial down their anger as a result of their cheaper entry prices?

It's an interesting concept and not one I've ever really thought about before.

I think your looking to much in to this....all I'm saying is that  I'm pi$$3d of ok! :carlos:

Finding a good chairman is inevitably a difficult task.

It has to be someone with access to enough money, and the will to spend it.

But it also has to be someone with enough humility to leave the footballing decisions to his advisers.

Humble and Chansiri are not two words which sit easily together.

Add to that stubbornness, and it's easy to see why we're in this mess.

And when I say advisers, I mean the independent kind.

Shouting abuse at him is stupid and bang out of order...but common sense (either from Chansiri or one of his employees) to suggest he stay in the ground for a bit until the masses leave wouldn't have gone amiss. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Shouting abuse at him is stupid and bang out of order...but common sense (either from Chansiri or one of his employees) to suggest he stay in the ground for a bit until the masses leave wouldn't have gone amiss. 

Fair point, but then the masses would have criticised him for not facing the fans.

Sometimes you can't win.

• Like 1

Talking to fans after games is a bad idea. Way too much of an emotional moment. That’s whats great about football but it doesn’t take too much to tip it in the wrong direction. 

And fair play to Chansiri, he shouldn’t have to deal with abuse. And it seems like he actually answered the people who asked questions more respectfully. As he usually does.

In some way it’s quite funny to see people on one hand complaining about him getting involved in the team, and then on the other hand asking him why Westwood isn’t picked.

Jos is out of his depth and needs the bullet ASAP.

He needs to do that first.

Then he needs to get a wily championship manager in until the end of the season - there’s ones out there who’d take it - flog Reach for £10m in January, shift the high earners at the end of the season.

This season is not over. We’ve had a mare but we’re still doing ok. We’re probably about where we’ll finish which means there will be more moments like this.

And you know what. The best game we could have had at this point is the Blunts. We haven’t got a manager who can galvanise the squad...but we have a game that can do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Finding a good chairman is inevitably a difficult task.

It has to be someone with access to enough money, and the will to spend it.

But it also has to be someone with enough humility to leave the footballing decisions to his advisers.

Humble and Chansiri are not two words which sit easily together.

Add to that stubbornness, and it's easy to see why we're in this mess.

And when I say advisers, I mean the independent kind.

The thing is that is also a difficult task, everything is about money today.

It's going to be an interesting few months / rest of the season...

If Chansiri goes then we are heading for league 2.

- No one in Sheffield has enough money to sort us out.

- We will be very hard pressed to find another foreign owner.

It's been a fun/scary/depressing ride.

The only positives for me are that I'll be able to visit a few new (to me) grounds and that the people who sit behind me at Hillsborough may finally stop coming.

Happy Days :-(

Edited by Malkmus

1 minute ago, Malkmus said:

It's going to be an interesting few months / rest of the season...

If Chansiri goes then we are heading for league 2.

- No one in Sheffield has enough money to sort us out.

- We will be very hard pressed to find another foreign owner.

It's been a fun/scary/depressing ride.

The only positives for me are that I'll be able to visit a few new (to me) grounds and that the people who sit behind me at Hillsborough may finally stop coming.

Not necessarily so, there are many high wealth individuals in Asia that would love to have UK based investments. So much so in fact, that the Chinese government had to change policy recently to stop them from doing so. But that can change at a drop of the hat (and many have off shore stashes anyway).

I just feel we have become a lost cause.

- Too much expectation.

- Too little cash creation.

- Aging ground with a tragic history and high maintenance cost.

There are better options out there.

Add that to the probably changes to the financial status of the Premiership with the inevitable formation of a European Super League.

Well :-(

I'm very pessimistic about our future.

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Not necessarily so, there are many high wealth individuals in Asia that would love to have UK based investments. So much so in fact, that the Chinese government had to change policy recently to stop them from doing so. But that can change at a drop of the hat (and many have off shore stashes anyway).

I would love to think so but don't see a UK based football club like ours as an investment, more of a loss based acquisition to portfolio.

BUT really hope you're right if it does come to DC selling up.

1 minute ago, ElsecarOwl said:

I would love to think so but don't see a UK based football club like ours as an investment, more of a loss based acquisition to portfolio.

BUT really hope you're right if it does come to DC selling up.

Aye, but owning a football club can sometimes be a useful loss leader to get a foothold in a foreign location then opening up other opportunities more directly related to the owner's core business interests.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, but owning a football club can sometimes be a useful loss leader to get a foothold in a foreign location then opening up other opportunities more directly related to the owner's core business interests.

It would need to be a very large market opportunity to have a loss leader in the region of £80M. 

• Haha 1