Chansiri kicking off

16 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Fans have a right to get angry when they pay this much.  

Do they have a right to post on Twitter "someone order a helicopter for Chansiri"? That's a tweet I read last night, example of our wonderful "fans".

2 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Do they have a right to post on Twitter "someone order a helicopter for Chansiri"? That's a tweet I read last night, example of our wonderful "fans".

Just another indication of the horrific effect of social media, where morons can effectively throw stones without being culpable.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

absolutely pathetic 

wouldn't want it or the writer given more oxygen but was it someone you follow?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Theres a huge gulf between criticism and abuse.

Sadly last night was more of the latter all over social media.

The Chairman should be given respect - whatever you think of him

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Theres a huge gulf between criticism and abuse.

Sadly last night was more of the latter all over social media.

The Chairman should be given respect - whatever you think of him

I agree. People are entitled to their opinion, but there’s no need to be rude and downright nasty to another fellow human being. I’d ban social media, I don’t see what it contributes to society other than entitlement, bitterness, snowflakes and hatred. 

10 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Obviously I don't condone anything like that. There just moron's which unfortunately  every club has. 

However I do think fans have right to be angry. I'm angry that I'm having to pay top whack to watch my club play crap football! I can't imange anyone to be happy! 

27 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Fans have a right to get angry when they pay this much.  

How much would I need to pay to earn the right to be fist-clenchingly furious? Are we talking Chansiri levels of expenditure or just a few more quid?

And does the fact that we used to pay less mean that we didn't have the right to be angry back then? 

I've never really equated money spent with my right to be angry, but you could be on to something here - I reckon if we installed swear jars next to each seat and had to chuck in a quid every time we wanted to vent, we could stave off our P&S woes within a matter of months.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How much would I need to pay to earn the right to be fist-clenchingly furious? Are we talking Chansiri levels of expenditure or just a few more quid?

And does the fact that we used to pay less mean that we didn't have the right to be angry back then? 

I've never really equated money spent with my right to be angry, but you could be on to something here - I reckon if we installed swear jars next to each seat and had to chuck in a quid every time we wanted to vent, we could stave off our P&S woes within a matter of months.

Personally The more I pay the more I feel ripped off.

17 minutes ago, steelowl said:

absolutely pathetic 

wouldn't want it or the writer given more oxygen but was it someone you follow?

Thankfully it looks like either they deleted it themselves or twitter took it down as I can't find it again this morning, it's not someone I follow it was just in one of the general ranting threads on the #swfc hashtag after yesterday's result.

24 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

That is disgusting and the lowest of the low 

6 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Personally The more I pay the more I feel ripped off.

Me too. But how does this relate to our right to be angry?

Were we less entitled to be angry under previous chairmen when ticket prices were lower? Are those who pay on the day more entitled to be angry at a particular game than season ticket holders who spend less per game for their rage entitlement? What about those who get reduced price tickets for various reasons - do they have to dial down their anger as a result of their cheaper entry prices?

It's an interesting concept and not one I've ever really thought about before.

7 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Thankfully it looks like either they deleted it themselves or twitter took it down as I can't find it again this morning, it's not someone I follow it was just in one of the general ranting threads on the #swfc hashtag after yesterday's result.

good 

I think a way to stop this level of sh*t   is to introduce verified identity accounts 

make people responsible for their abuse  let's see who puts that type of stuff then 

• Thanks 1