Chansiri kicking off

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Katrien is not to blame

I 'm not sure how much of this mess can be remotely put her way

I dreaded it when she was appointed but pleased in a way that she hasn't continued her rep at charlton 

long may it continue 

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

How do you know that? Is there someone to 'blame' or are we just working through the difficult patch until we can have another 'go' in a season or 2?

Realistically, we have been working through a difficult patch since DC arrived, we just didn't know it to begin with. 

1 minute ago, lukestheman82 said:

Realistically, we have been working through a difficult patch since DC arrived, we just didn't know it to begin with. 

I don't think that's true. He gambled, he failed (but was so close). Now we're in a transitional period until we've cleared the decks of contracts to have another pop in a few seasons. Next time round I feel he'll have better knowledge to guide his decisions.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Apple said:

whatever your opinion is on the football, decisions, signings, line ups or appointments, Chansiri deserves respect. He's a human not a Bond villain. He's in this for millions and has pumped loads in, regardless of mistakes the man has stumped up when we were on our arse.

it can get a lot worse, watch when he pulls the plug, you'll all be devastated because we'd go under.

Short memories some people.

Good luck.

You know how it goes. Once the good will has been lost, be it manager, player or chairman then some people will stop at nothing. Everything remotely positive, no matter how small or irrelevant, has to be thoroughly destroyed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Good luck.

You know how it goes. Once the good will has been lost, be it manager, player or chairman then some people will stop at nothing. Everything remotely positive, no matter how small or irrelevant, has to be thoroughly destroyed. 

There were positives today?

11 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

What?  Top of league one this time next year?  Something to look forward to then.

Hard to say we are new Pompey. They were skint and could not pay wages, creditors. We aren’t skint. Just not allowed to spend.

No doubt Chansiri has made mistakes, but hell we need the man. 

As has already been said, this season is about treading water, I do wish he wasn’t so stubborn regards selling players, if another big bid comes in for Reach in January the it should be considered. 

Football is just that kind of game, and if a player sale gets us out of the poo then it needs to happen. 

Lets be clear though, FFP is not his fault, I’m sure if he could he would still be throwing money at it. 

He has clearly been ill advised in the past, the wrong players have been signed, contracts and bonuses attached to them were to high. 

Lets just accept a couple of seasons of mediocrity and then go again with a different model. 

Jos needs to go though, I can handle losing, but to lose when you play so defensivley and so heavily is beyond ridiculous. 

I feel a bit sorry for Chansiri, from what I've seen he's never done anything to deserve the abuse he has gotten. Sure he has made some mistakes, but who hasn't? 
From the few times I've spoke to him and from when I've seen him talk, his heart seems in the right place, that's good enough for me. I'd kick off too if people were slagging me off for trying my best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1