We’ve Had Enough Playing For You

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

Problem is Trev, that was a fairly experienced starting 11.

We matched or bettered Norwich first half but as soon as the first goal goes in we go to pieces.

and there is the problem we just fall to bits experience counts in those cases and that is why  I say the kids are not strong enough,  but that said it's not there fault but the managers for playing them to early  ,how many apart from Thornily have benefitted from lower league football where they learn what it's all about and learn

there trade

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

And to get instant results, all a new manager needs to do is to play the players in the background, chomping at the bit to play.

In the end, Jos has committed professional suicide.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you have to play your best players, if they are fit, no matter what. Jos simply isn’t doing this. Imagine Big Ron not picking Hirsty, Sheridan or Nillson “for football reasons” it beggars belief. 

We as fans deserve to be told the truth about what is happening within our club. 

I am dreading Friday as I think we will get hammered. Will anyone in senior management at Wednesday care? I doubt it

46 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's either that or they are trying but are completely incapable of getting results in his bizarre 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 abandon holding midfield formations and picking a dirfferent centre-back combination out of a hat every game isn't helping.

More than likely it is a combination and points towards his time being up. That second half was as bad as anything I've seen from us since the Burton display.

This!

Was thinking I hadn't see us look so hopeless since the Burton game. I am sorry I just don't see what Jos was trying to acheive today given the players he has at his disposal. The second half was clueless...

25 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

@Simaniac Owl is gonna be utterly unbearable for the considerable future. 

Got the feeling HE is going to be mentioned a lot.

HE is benefiting from the Heffernan effect - gets better by not being involved as those that are involved do such a bad job!

Saying that I would have him in charge on Friday in a heartbeat.

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yes either Mortimer has to go himself or Neil has to ban him.

Now back to Jos.

You absolutely adore me don't you? Every time I'm out there and I see someone acting slightly strangely anywhere near where I am, I always wonder if it might be you, attempting to be in my company but just too shy to admit your infatuation.

:laugh:

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

You absolutely adore me don't you? Every time I'm out there and I see someone acting slightly strangely anywhere near where I am, I always wonder if it might be you, attempting to be in my company but just too shy to admit your infatuation.

:laugh:

You ruffled a few feathers tonight; with your preaching style; but not mine.

1st post involving you; I've posted in a week; but whatever Mortimer.

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's  just as I've had this debate with you on every manager since Megson and you were in the wrong  every time. It's not lording it over you it's just fact

"I'M BETTER THAN YOU. I AM. TELL HIM EVERYONE. I'M BETTER. THEY ALL KNOW IT. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL HIM. I AM. I CAN PROVE IT."

Firstly, you want to distill everything into a binary value and don't appreciate the nuances of many arguments being based on the attitudes of posters rather than some of the points they make. Secondly, of the 4 managers we've had since Megson, Jones' time had come and I apologise for not remembering every post from that time, history remains undecided on Gray, I was actually very critical regarding Carvalhal at the end of his tenure and the furore over Luhukay is largely on the back of just 4 games. 

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

You ruffled a few feathers tonight; with your preaching style; but not mine.

1st post involving you; I've posted in a week; but whatever Mortimer.

But the tone is entirely consistent isn't it? You see yourself as some kind of charger riding hero coming to the rescue of the site.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

But the tone is entirely consistent isn't it? You see yourself as some kind of charger riding hero coming to the rescue of the site.

You strange fellow.

You do realise my little joke; whilst having your name in it, was about the posters post & nowt about you.

Relax Mortimer.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's all the fans fault.

Particularly those that don't look at the bigger picture, and pretend to be really really calm, boring , and pragmatic.

Sometimes, a crap run club, is a crap run club.

This could be a cut and paste of about half of your posts from the last decade. You know what they say about a stopped clock.

But in any case, as you well know, I have been very critical of some aspects of why we are where we are. It's just much easier for some of the angry types to reduce everything to caricature and some sort of witch trial.