Atmosphere today

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

With the ticket prices, live commentary on I follow and the new red button thing expect that to be the norm for many more as time goes by

(red button rumoured to be applying on Saturdays from next season) 

Sad but true.

Having to pay some of the highest prices in the division to watch an ever increasing number of our U23’s will become less appealing to fans as more and more of our games are available to fans in the comfort of their own homes.

I am looking forward to having someone sat in the seats around me.

Most of them can only make it on Saturdays so recently they have been absent.

We will have a lot to catch up on...oh and maybe also join in a few sing-songs, as it has felt like I am just singing on my own!!!!

• Like 1

Excellent post, Milord.

If only the home support could be of the standard of the average away support. Having been a Wednesdayite all my life, a lot, lot longer than most on here, I've seen the highs and the lows (the lows far, far lower than what we are seeing at present) I cannot comment on the home support of most clubs,but the support at Hillsborough is far from good.It would appear that the average W'ite comes prepared to grumble. This can have a detrimental effect on he players. This is not a new thing. It appears to me, who of necessity has become far more of an armchair fan these days, that a couple of thousand Wdnesdayites away from home can give the team more support than 25K at home. 

And the argument about prices etc, doesn't hold water.While it may be true, the ones who are creating the atmosphere are not sitting in front of their tv's , computer screens, etc but have already paid the price.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh I expect it'll be pretty quiet. Bit of low level mumour when Fox and Palmers names are read out. 

Bit of grumbling at a mis placed pass. A few groans.

We've got to get behind those lads out there on the park. That's the important thing. Doesn't matter if we think the manager picks the right team the wrong team.

It's not the fault of whoever pulls on those blue and white stripes that they're in the team at someone elses expence.  We've got to support them and encourage them. Esepcially the kids.

Now more than ever.

Our home record hasn't been to bad considering all that's gone on.  Lets build on that. It has to be a place of encouragment. A place where our young lads can grow, to feel confident about playing.

A place where they want to play! A place where they look forward to every single home fixture because they know we're all in it together. We're all behind them and because we want them to succede.

the young lads out there living our dreams. Playing in that famous ground where so many heros have been born before.  They're at the infant stage of their careers and we can help them blossom and in doing so it is also us that we'll see the benefit. So lets get down there and roar those lads on.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Snoots... Put this on an MP3 and play it loud over the tannoy as the teams are led out!

The band will try drumming along to ‘Hi ho Silver Lining’ as usual, completely out of time so that half of the Kop are singing at a different point to the rest of the stadium, killing the song yet again. 

This usually sets the tone for the start of the game.

Someone tell them that they don’t need to drum, we can hear the music !!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

One word - predict what today’s atmosphere will be like

Frustrated

after seeing us try and pass it out from the back with a back line consisting of developing kids and a centre back who hates playing with the ball we will be getting into self damaging situations as per -

we we will be rushing a ball back to Dawson to kick under pressure when half the team has come deep knowing we are under pressure / relying on Bannan basically becoming a ball playing centre back causing no danger to the opposition

crowd will be screaming about it, we will continue to do it apart from the extremely rare occasion where Dawson will do the 5 mins to take a goal kick routine where he waves the defence out for a couple of mins with some exaggerated hand flicks and gives the opposition as long as it needs to get into position

Regardless - I’ll be trying to back the lads while dying inside

Edited by Jwowl

toxic . I just hope we turn up today on the pitch as going 1-0 down will kill there confidence ,the biggest worry for me is if we go 2-0 down and some start signing there is only 1 Kieran westwood if that happens I can see scraps and arguments in the crowd just purely because dawson is 1 of our own and he aint done that much wrong ,yes westwood would probably be more confident and get the defence more organised . totally lacking a leader on the pitch.