The Drought Is Finally Over

Before today, our previous weekend kickoff at Hillsborough was on 15th September.

As a fan who can't attend midweek games as a general rule, to go 50 days without a home game during the typically-football-packed autumn months has felt like torture.

Thank chuff that fallow period is over and we weekend supporters can finally get on with the job of supporting our team again. The Screech Owl is going to taste extra sweet today...

Up_The_Owls!.gif.a3018b72b6d20ec6c1b1a30d6e3f12bb.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Before today, our previous weekend kickoff at Hillsborough was on 15th September.

As a fan who can't attend midweek games as a general rule, to go 50 days without a home game during the typically-football-packed autumn months has felt like torture.

Thank chuff that fallow period is over and we weekend supporters can finally get on with the job of supporting our team again. The Screech Owl is going to taste extra sweet today...

Up_The_Owls!.gif.a3018b72b6d20ec6c1b1a30d6e3f12bb.gif

Be careful what you wish for :ph34r:

With the constant messing around of kick off times and the introduction of the red button option on Sky and IFollow, I can see attendances sliding across the division over the next few seasons.

You can’t blame fans for not wanting to buy season tickets when they can’t attend a percentage of those games and they can watch them on TV or their lap tops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m77owl said:

But we get SO MUCH money from TV for the inconvenience of having to travel huge distances late at night for these mid weeks. I am bothering less and less.

Just how much do we get?

Football is all about Saturday at 3 pm.

It's been a weird season so far. I've only been down to Hillsborough three times, yet have managed to watch all but one of our games. Somehow though, watching on iFollow or Sky makes the longing for a proper day out at Hillsborough even worse.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Be careful what you wish for :ph34r:

I've never travelled to Hillsborough in expectation rather than hope.

:duntmatter: