"I want players who are available for every training"

3 hours ago, Kameron said:

A decent manager would sit him down with the coaching staff, medical team and come up with a regime that suits. It is absolutely wrong that a player of Westwoods quality is being kept out of the squad because he can't train when Jos demands.  How often he trains is irrelevant, if he can sustain the standard he was doing then who cares a f()()k how often he trains. 

What if it's not that he can't train but that he doesn't want to

That's the bit people seem to have difficulty getting

Guest Kameron
14 minutes ago, Ian said:

What if it's not that he can't train but that he doesn't want to

That's the bit people seem to have difficulty getting

Then he should be fined a weeks wages each time he refuses.  

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

Surely the issue here is why have certain players been frozen out, but for example Fletcher and Pudil haven't despite missing lots of games between them? 

Maybe he dont rate em.

Which I believe is what your alluding to

I like how there's gushing sympathy for the hard done to but zero recognition of the message and support he is sending to the more professional players in the group and especially the youngsters.

I hope he can see out, put and end to and survive this current bad run as I like the way he is trying to change the culture and do things differently for the long-term now the short-term plan didn't quite deliver.

I would be more inclined to maybe offer a bit more support to the outsiders if they'd actually contributed anything of substance or close to their best over recent time but they haven't looked interested when given the chance and Westwood wants his own set of rules to even prove fitness it seems.

Pay them as little as possible and get rid asap and if they do feature at any point soon then let's see what they offer instead   of talking about the past constantly.

A win tomorrow hopefully for starters and then on to theirs where hopefully a couple of those who've slogged away tirelessly for the chance in such games will take it on the night.

Sick of the whining, hypocrisy, duplicity and the constant slating of the club, Jos and total lack of support for the young uns whilst the behaviour. performances and attitudes of some of the scorned galacticos goes constantly unquestioned.

I prefer to look forwards and leave our mistakes and those not on board for the journey in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kameron said:

A decent manager would sit him down with the coaching staff, medical team and come up with a regime that suits. It is absolutely wrong that a player of Westwoods quality is being kept out of the squad because he can't train when Jos demands.  How often he trains is irrelevant, if he can sustain the standard he was doing then who cares a f()()k how often he trains. 

Theres no substitute for quality, a sensible solution should be agreed, george best often didn't train and could party the night before a game, would you leave him out, no way.

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I like how there's gushing sympathy for the hard done to but zero recognition of the message and support he is sending to the more professional players in the group and especially the youngsters.

I hope he can see out, put and end to and survive this current bad run as I like the way he is trying to change the culture and do things differently for the long-term now the short-term plan didn't quite deliver.

I would be more inclined to maybe offer a bit more support to the outsiders if they'd actually contributed anything of substance or close to their best over recent time but they haven't looked interested when given the chance and Westwood wants his own set of rules to even prove fitness it seems.

Pay them as little as possible and get rid asap and if they do feature at any point soon then let's see what they offer instead   of talking about the past constantly.

A win tomorrow hopefully for starters and then on to theirs where hopefully a couple of those who've slogged away tirelessly for the chance in such games will take it on the night.

Sick of the whining, hypocrisy, duplicity and the constant slating of the club, Jos and total lack of support for the young uns whilst the behaviour. performances and attitudes of some of the scorned galacticos goes constantly unquestioned.

I prefer to look forwards and leave our mistakes and those not on board for the journey in the past.

I'll buy that for a Dollar !!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, debram said:

Theres no substitute for quality, a sensible solution should be agreed, george best often didn't train and could party the night before a game, would you leave him out, no way.

Quote an example of this type of player in 2018! and I maybe inclined to agree.

Also George Boyd is no George Best although he may carry a handbag and wear a bra.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't help but think Luhukay is taking the long-term view on this one.

I mean, we could attempt the futile task of getting Hutchinson fully fit for a few games before he knackers himself again, or we could try to unearth Boyd's seemingly long-lost form, but what would be the point? Neither of them are likely to be here next season, so although we might finish in a slightly higher mid-table position this year, it would stifle the development of the younger players who it seems we're going to have to rely on going forward. At least this way, Luhukay should have sussed out who's worth building next season's team around.

It's a brave decision, and one which could pay dividends if he's allowed to see the project through to completion. Whether or not he's afforded that luxury is another matter, of course.

Yes. yes and furthermore yes. Best post I've seen for several days and very concisely sums up my feelings.

A lot of people are obsessed with our short term form. Forget it. It's irrelevant. Jos is trying to make us fit for purpose in a season or two, not a week or two.

We need to move on from this attachment to certain players; they may (in some cases) have been good servants to the club, but they're the past, not the future, and it's the future we need to be looking at. I mean Hutch - seriously? How many games does anyone really think he'll last before he breaks down again? We can't rely on him so we need to start planning for a future without him.

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Quote an example of this type of player in 2018! and I maybe inclined to agree.

Also George Boyd is no George Best although he may carry a handbag and wear a bra.

Can't quote one, thats the problem, quite sad, way of the world, on a downward spiral.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Ok the odd player will naturally reach the end of their career. The issue a lot of us see is that these players still have a lot to offer, even if there is no guarantee they could play every time. It's also the fact younger players will develop better alongside experience and less pressure on them

that makes no sense ….how can the young players develop if they cant get into the team because it's full of aging players …..penney, dawson , thorniley baker when they play have lees,bannan,reach, fletch ,nuhiu,pudil,hector ,fox ,FF,palmer  all with a lot of experience  along side them ….if you also play jones ,boyd,abdi,westwood,etc etc they wouldn't get a game .