"I want players who are available for every training"

I read recently that senior players chosen for U.23 games (to maintain/regain fitness) aren't obliged to travel or be available for the away games.

I've had a quick look and can't seem to find the line ups but would be interested to know how many have played in away fixtures of this nature this season.

Maybe someone like kivo could help with this question?

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Really don’t get the criticism labelled at Jos for leaving some of the old guard out. In the gales they’ve played both this term and last they hardly made themselves indispensable. 

So we’re left with play experienced players that are potentially past it and seemingly lost their hunger, oh and they also get injured more often and definitely won’t be here next season - at risk of demoting, demotivating and having to play anyhow those demotivated back ups. Or try to work with and develop the back ups? 

I support Jos but ruling out all that experience is puzzling

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Maybe.

He's put his neck on the block by having strict rules (which he reiterated just now) about what he expects from players before he considers them for selection... ALL the players know exactly where they stand now and so do we... I applaud his singlemindedness.

Totally in agreement here Costello. .

The same way Graham Souness and Roy Keane are no longer managing Clubs ..

Never thought I'd see a day where being a football manager fits in to the "wouldnt want that kind of job syndrome" !!

would love to see Big Jack n Maurice & Cloughie n Taylor

let loose on this lot in their prime ......Jesus their feet wouldn't touch the bloody floor !!!

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Totally in agreement here Costello. .

The same way Graham Souness and Roy Keane are no longer managing Clubs ..

Never thought I'd see a day where being a football manager fits in to the "wouldnt want that kind of job syndrome" !!

would love to see Big Jack n Maurice & Cloughie n Taylor

let loose on this lot in their prime ......Jesus their feet wouldn't touch the bloody floor !!!

He's no freewheeling Carlos.. that's for sure mate.

My opinion is that he's changing the way the club operates in a fundamental way and things will get worse before they get better.

He seems to have the playing side of things on a knife edge while he installs his ethos throughout.... bloody dangerous but I'd say him and DC are on the same page and he'll get to see it through.

The fans can hardly walk away because they're mostly season ticket holders.

Apart from a cup run it could be a boring season...but hey ho.

• Thanks 1

Maybe the players deserve it.

Playing devils advocate , have these frozen or players simply taken the pis5 out of the club after getting nice end of career contracts? 

Hutch, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Westwood. 

Hutch seemed to break down soon after his big contract when up until he would play though knocks. 

Abdi has barely got fit and never looked like he could be arsed. 

Boyd...this is not the same player burnley had. 

Westwood,.. Something clearly happened behind the scenes. 

Jones... Only one who has had a go, just not got the legs anymore. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I doubt the cap in hand approach would work from either side now..both have burnt their bridges imo.

Jos has set his stall out.... very brave of him.

Cap in hand

Burnt their bridges

Set his stall out

BINGO 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

A decent manager would sit him down with the coaching staff, medical team and come up with a regime that suits. It is absolutely wrong that a player of Westwoods quality is being kept out of the squad because he can't train when Jos demands.  How often he trains is irrelevant, if he can sustain the standard he was doing then who cares a f()()k how often he trains. 

Absolute gonads. Jos has said everyday so thats it

Lets face it Hutch, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Westwood we are almost done at SWFC.

I can see some logic in not including them in the squad if this means a change of strategic direction in terms of players at the club. Hooper and Lee and probably done due to injuries. Matias is nearly done as it's nearly winter and he goes awol until Easter.

If Jos can get us through the season unscathed, which I think means not getting relegated, I think we'll all come out of this for the better - the younger players would have got invaluable game time, ready for next season. and we'll have a significantly reduced wage bill and smaller squad.

Clearly the risk is avoiding relegation and having the owner and fans hold their nerve.

It's not what anyone wanted but it looks like this is what is going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Lets face it Hutch, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Westwood we are almost done at SWFC.

I can see some logic in not including them in the squad if this means a change of strategic direction in terms of players at the club. Hooper and Lee and probably done due to injuries. Matias is nearly done as it's nearly winter and he goes awol until Easter.

If Jos can get us through the season unscathed, which I think means not getting relegated, I think we'll all come out of this for the better - the younger players would have got invaluable game time, ready for next season. and we'll have a significantly reduced wage bill and smaller squad.

Clearly the risk is avoiding relegation and having the owner and fans hold their nerve.

It's not what anyone wanted but it looks like this is what is going to happen.

Agreed. We went poo or bust and failed. Now its rebuild with a long term plan. We have a strong manager with ideas. Ler him get on with it. Anyone wanting short term glory stop snorting stuff

• Haha 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which of our players' situations would you say is analogous to that of Kevin De Bruyne?

Irrelevant you don't treat any player on the payroll this way