Usain Bolt Could he do a Job

2 hours ago, millomowl said:

Central Coast Mariners offered him $150k AUD as a base contract so 83k ish GBP. There was alot of media coverage here in Australia about him being on trial with them and they even televised a trial game against a local team, there was a crowd of 10k and he come on for 20 minutes wearing gloves. There was also another trial game which he scored and not sure if he even played the full 90 mins.

Yes he's quick and not the worst but from what I saw somewhere around the standard of Kim Olsen.

BOLT OUT!

5 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

He has rejected a contract with the Australian team he was with. He has pace and height. 

Get him in DC

The reason he left is not football related he wanted 20 times more money than the A League team could offer, Don't let DC near this one it could be a PR disaster

'Bolt's camp had reportedly asked for a deal of around $3 million, but the Mariners' offer was reportedly in the vicinity of $150,000'. Source abc news

No, just no. 

Usain Bolt is a legend. Bloody amazing. But not as a footballer and not for us if we have any intention of moving ahead as a football team. Unless we are moving ahead to Australia. 

Actually I’d love that. Should keep my mouth shut. 

Edited by themaskedowl
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Millionaire retires from hugely successful career and states it's their "dream" to be a professional footballer...

But they're only interested if someone pays them further millions.

Strange world we live in.

Absolutely. That any top league club has shown interest is baffling, in his position I’d take whatever they offered me 

16 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Took his goal well the other week tbf to him.

Second one was a bit of quality defending. Maybe we should sign him instead?

Goals from 30 secs.

Just looks clumsy, even for that tap in... not that tip ins countlol 

Seems to just toe poke it and looks awkward with the ball. More pace than Nuhiu though...