Is the Pope dead?

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Also big Leon, so it’s really quite shocking that we can’t do better when able to call on Forestieri, Fletcher and Joao. 

That most teams at our level, would choose our strikers over theirs, shows how tactically dull we are

I take that WAS said in jest?.

At the moment none of our fwd's would worry a cow if he had a banjo in his hand.

12 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I take that WAS said in jest?.

At the moment none of our fwd's would worry a cow if he had a banjo in his hand.

I think the problem has more to do with us not creating chances Under Jos, we create the second least chances of all the championship clubs That’s a sad indictment, and one of the main reasons we aren’t a very good watch

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Also big Leon, so it’s really quite shocking that we can’t do better when able to call on Forestieri, Fletcher and Joao. 

That most teams at our level, would choose our strikers over theirs, shows how tactically dull we are

I think the difference is Billy the pig and Leon get a long run in the side playing where and how they're suited and don't get rotated apart from injury. 

One of the stato's on here put stats on one of the other threads saying Nando has only started 22 out of our last 93 games, fletcher had played in the 30s can't remember how joao has faired, but he's been in and out of the side more tines than a puppy that's just discovererd the door leads to the garden. 

Our problem is players, either due to injury or rotation never get chance to gain any real run of form. 

Look at Nuhiu last season?, some were saying it was becouse he was playing for a new contract, maybe it was becouse he started nearly all our last 18/20 games and got some form, rather than in, out, in, out shake it all about lol

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think the difference is Billy the pig and Leon get a long run in the side playing where and how they're suited and don't get rotated apart from injury. 

One of the stato's on here put stats on one of the other threads saying Nando has only started 22 out of our last 93 games, fletcher had played in the 30s can't remember how joao has faired, but he's been in and out of the side more tines than a puppy that's just discovererd the door leads to the garden. 

Our problem is players, either due to injury or rotation never get chance to gain any real run of form. 

Look at Nuhiu last season?, some were saying it was becouse he was playing for a new contract, maybe it was becouse he started nearly all our last 18/20 games and got some form, rather than in, out, in, out shake it all about lol

Yes, there’s certainly a lot of truth in that Can’t escape the fact though, that United create far far more chances than we do. That’s because they always take the game to the opposition. What I find criminal about Jos’s tactics is, that in Bannan, Reach and Forestieri, we have some of the best creative talents in the division Why oh why, do we just go backwards

5 hours ago, dunsbyowl said:

Minding my own business - Blunt in my building sends me this  - delete if its  been posted B4 - I'm in London

IMG_0136.JPG

Blavges fan football heaven bingo:

Wednesday this

Wednesday that

Wednesday t’other

Wednesday

Wednesday

Wednesday

Wednesday

Wednesday

Wednesday

(Repeat ad nauseum)

Obsessed much?

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, there’s certainly a lot of truth in that Can’t escape the fact though, that United create far far more chances than we do. That’s because they always take the game to the opposition. What I find criminal about Jos’s tactics is, that in Bannan, Reach and Forestieri, we have some of the best creative talents in the division Why oh why, do we just go backwards

That would be because we invested heavily in attacking players and spent peanuts on the defence while Carlos was here, so we havnt the solid defensive platform allowing us to have the confidence to play free flowing, high press, attacking football as we get punished.... Hence the lack of clean sheets bud. 

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

That would be because we invested heavily in attacking players and spent peanuts on the defence while Carlos was here, so we havnt the solid defensive platform allowing us to have the confidence to play free flowing, high press, attacking football as we get punished.... Hence the lack of clean sheets bud. 

Yeah mate, I’m aware that we don’t have that defensive platform, but surely thats all the more reason not to invite sides onto us? However, as Nigel Clough said, after his clubs victory over Forest, he wasn’t confident in his defence, so decided to go on the attack We should do the same, as our creative players are wasted, scuttling around trying to protect the back line. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I think the problem has more to do with us not creating chances Under Jos, we create the second least chances of all the championship clubs That’s a sad indictment, and one of the main reasons we aren’t a very good watch

They created 14 chances last Saturday, 4 on target, only scored one goal.

Its only what we would produce for them if the boot we're on the other foot. The tides very much in their favour at the moment and it will probably get much worse before it gets better.

However who knows what's round the corner, football is very strange and anything can happen. Eventually the tide will turn back in our favour.

• Like 1