Is the Pope dead?

1 of those could be proved as being correct/incorrect by facts now....but the facts are never going to be fully disclosed so we may as well move on from it. 

3 more will be provided correct/incorrect between now and the end of the season.....anyone asserting them as fact now should be confident/stupid enough to stake their house/car/wife/kids on it down the bookies.

All the rest are matters of opinion.....which is the point of a forum isn't it?

To be fair, based on performance this season, we don't have too many players that would get into their starting 11. 

We've got a lot of famous has beens that are on the decline, they've got a bunch of unknowns that are on the up trying to make a name for themselves. With two teams like that, at some point you're always going to pass eachother with one getting better and one getting worse. 

Optimistically, you could say we're about even this season. But with the current squads, we're moving in opposite directions and they're the ones going the right way. 

And writing that made me feel sick. 

11 minutes ago, CraigSGM said:

To be fair, based on performance this season, we don't have too many players that would get into their starting 11. 

We've got a lot of famous has beens that are on the decline, they've got a bunch of unknowns that are on the up trying to make a name for themselves. With two teams like that, at some point you're always going to pass eachother with one getting better and one getting worse. 

Optimistically, you could say we're about even this season. But with the current squads, we're moving in opposite directions and they're the ones going the right way. 

And writing that made me feel sick. 

They also have their fair share of has beens, or they would have, if those players weren’t still doing it The major difference, that I can see at least, is the coach. Wilder has them on the front foot straight from kick off. They too play a passing game, but play it with purpose, always looking to move the ball at speed, and generally forward. Yes, I expected Wilder to get them playing with passion, he’s a blade through and through. However, I didn’t expect him to outdo Jos on the technical side of things, but tactically, he’s way ahead of Jos

54 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

They also have their fair share of has beens, or they would have, if those players weren’t still doing it The major difference, that I can see at least, is the coach. Wilder has them on the front foot straight from kick off. They too play a passing game, but play it with purpose, always looking to move the ball at speed, and generally forward. Yes, I expected Wilder to get them playing with passion, he’s a blade through and through. However, I didn’t expect him to outdo Jos on the technical side of things, but tactically, he’s way ahead of Jos

I do wonder how well Wilder would get on elsewhere. I think the fact that he's a Blade through and through gives him a bit of a licence to be a kn*b, and push players to perform in a more aggressive manner under the guise of showing passion. He gets good reactions and performances because the players understand what it means to him when Sheffield United win.

If he were to act in the same way at another club, I don't know whether he'd get the same respect from the fans and players, or whether everyone would just think he was a pr*ck.

19 minutes ago, CraigSGM said:

I do wonder how well Wilder would get on elsewhere. I think the fact that he's a Blade through and through gives him a bit of a licence to be a kn*b, and push players to perform in a more aggressive manner under the guise of showing passion. He gets good reactions and performances because the players understand what it means to him when Sheffield United win.

If he were to act in the same way at another club, I don't know whether he'd get the same respect from the fans and players, or whether everyone would just think he was a pr*ck.

When he was a player, and running around with the “bbc” I must admit, I thought he was a knob Think I even clipped him once. He certainly wasn’t popular down here in Oxford, but he did pretty well at Northampton. He’s been a revelation since his move to Utd, and as you say, he gets the best from his players. However, I think he is a much more sophisticated coach than many of us think. Some of his tactical innovations, show that he’s a cut above your average ex player turned manager. Could he cut it at a top flight club? Who knows, but it would probably have to be a pretty prestigious job, for him to leave United

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Thaey also have a goal scorer in Billy the Pig.

We have Joao!!!.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Thaey also have a goal scorer in Billy the Pig.

We have Joao!!!.

Also big Leon, so it’s really quite shocking that we can’t do better when able to call on Forestieri, Fletcher and Joao. 

That most teams at our level, would choose our strikers over theirs, shows how tactically dull we are

• Like 1