hillsborough park parkers saturdays game

Guest The Claw

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

I don't think the police or the council have the authority to boot them off 

The council could have applied for a court order to have them removed,  that's usually how they shift them on asap. 

According to the press yesterday they have to be gone by today if not the council are speaking with the football club so see if they can find alternative arrangement for parking.

Maybe the council won't have their usual 100 traffic wardens out for match day and will just let fans park up on normal roads. Yeah right

Never get the law where someone can illegally occupy land that is not theirs, but if you try to move them they have rights. Our legal system and council are a complete joke.

Edited by room0035

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The whole system is a joke. They are there illegally, so the police should have the power to boot them off the minute they turn up. 

They’re trespassing, which is a civil matter not a crime as such, so coppers don’t have any powers. They can only get involved and move them on if the travellers are committing crime in the area / causing damage etc.

The travellers know this which is why they’ll wait it out as long as they can and move on to the next car park. They’ll have someone scouting as we sit here I bet. 

Edited by bigdan2003

10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

They’re trespassing, which is a civil matter not a crime as such, so coppers don’t have any powers. They can only get involved and move them on if the travellers are committing crime in the area / causing damage etc.

The travellers know this which is why they’ll wait it out as long as they can and move on to the next car park. They’ll have someone scouting as we sit here I bet. 

Isn’t there a big car park on Cherry St that would be suitable :biggrin: ??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

The council could have applied for a court order to have them removed,  that's usually how they shift them on asap. 

If they're on council land the council apply for the court order if it's private land the owner has to apply.

Usually takes 12 days, or it has done in recent cases near me.

Guest The Claw
1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Nice to know that next time I'm down at the park I can park there for nowt with no danger of a ticket. Precedent been set now hasn't it? I'll just say I'm a traveller. 

na! you got an address where the council can chase you to 

17 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

What I dont get is this...

Apart from a minority of mainly beardie tree hugging lefties, the overwhelming majority of people from all walks of life have nothing but contempt for these parasites, so why don’t the authorities crack down on them? The pushback would be minimal.

It is basically one law for us, and no law for them.

I could not agree more. The country is being ruined by treading on eggshells around minorities. Government (local and national) is there to do the greatest good for the greatest number. It's the same with the Islamist hate preachers. They openly state they want to kill us yet we GIVE them benefits ! And before someone shouts "racist", being a traveller is not a race, it's a lifestyle choice. Islam is a religion not a race.

As everybody knows, if you drive onto public or private land with your caravan depriving other citizens the police will arrest you immediately. 

• Like 2

Don't panic!

I'm sure the will have moved on by Saturday morning.

Probably onto the Wednesdayite car park.

This will give them much easier access to the easy pickings on Herries Road tomorrow afternoon.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Claw said:

na! you got an address where the council can chase you to 

Arses, I knew there'd be a flaw in my plan. My own fault for playing by the rules I suppose. 

Just driven past and there's no sign of em moving. What is the car park used for on matchday? Do we as a club pay the council for its use? If so, and it won't be much, we ought to withhold the payment for 1 days use if we can't use it. It's down to the council to move em it seems and they haven't done it. It's a ridiculous situation really. 

.The sooner trespassing is made a criminal offence , the better.How the hell did we end up with a system where landowners,  and property owners have to through an expensive , and lengthy court process to get people off their land / property who shouldn't be there in the first place? 

It's a joke. 

• Like 3