Just another toxic 'family'?

12 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

My lad (and several others) q'd patiently before a home game to have their selfies with him. He seemed more interested in his tan end than smiling for those who he could an impact on. 

It was lost on my son and when he saw the photo he deleted it because DC looked disinterested.

It's a tough gig being compared to the guy at Leicester, but a smile usually goes a long way.

I often get compared to David Beckham. A cross I have to bear.

Well it only really happened once but it stayed with me. A girl said to me, 'Has anyone ever told you that you look like David Beckham?'

I modestly said no.

She said, 'I am not surprised' and wandered off laughing.

I ran after her and she told me to F off. Potty mouthed lesbian.

Anyway, my point is being compared to another sex symbol or icon is not always a good thing. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sonny said:

It’s unfortunate for Jos really. When you look at Boyd, Jos wasn’t responsible for signing him or agreeing his contract yet gets the flack for not playing him when really Boyd doesn’t appear to have ever had a decent game the whole time he’s been here. It’s not a toxic family in this example, he’s just crap.

Indeed, but it is still very strange that the manager would rather fill the bench with academy players that he clearly has no intentions of bringing on than utilising players that at least have Championship or Premier League experience even if they are out of favour. It is all very noble selecting all of these youth players and letting them train with the first team. But it should not be forgotten that we still have a job to do in the Championship and that requires the right players being picked.