Just another toxic 'family'?

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I suspect he is staying on sufference.

Despite his initial intentions, this project has stalled. 

My own thoughts are he would take a small loss and clear out if he could. As I see us more like relegation candidates than play off possibles, I worry things will become unpleasant toward him after Xmas, and we will learn a lot more then.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

** I've avoided the cliche words such as toxic and turgid , only after a rethink **

Despite everything else that's gone off, and is going off, he'll come under most pressure when results are bad. Just the way of things. 

Everybody, him, Jos, the players,  us. 

We all need some good results.

The problem we have is the manager is not here to develop the youth he is here to win games.

The chairman will ultimately be judge on what state the club is in when he leaves compared to when he arrived. If he left tomorrow we would have to say a worse state than when he arrived, a crippling debt that he is currently covering, an aging squad of over paid none performing or not allowed to perform players. A first team made up of players not performing or kids making their way in the game. The fan base is slowly being alienated because of the excessive pricing and general treatment- career Owls are finding other ways to spend their money when millions of pounds continue to be wasted with first team players not allowed to play and no explanation why this is happening.

The thing is though under Milan when we were mid-table or flirting with relegation we were happier because we felt part of the fabric of the club, we paid a fair price for the football on offer. Now we pay top 3 prices and have mid table football at best on offer. DC has made a rod for his own back because the last 4 years of mis-management of the club he cannot reduce prices because he needs the revenue.

I think the only way out for him and the club is to clear the decks - sell what assets we can and start again with a clean slate. Whether that is with a new manager and maybe chairman that's for those in charge to decide if they have the stomach to make this football club great again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Regulator said:

I do wonder how Chansiri has reflected on the outpouring of emotion in Leicester for one of his fellow countrymen. What Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha achieved there is the stuff of legend but it’s the connection and empathy with the paying customer and community that has been striking over the past few days, something that Chansiri seems to want to completely ignore.

Chansiri needs to look at Leicester if he wants to know what a true footballing family looks like.

this...

Schmeichal calling him "father" and all sort... Chansiri has no relationship like that at this club

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Relationships are two way streets.

Are our players and their agents saintly people who do everything in the best interests of Sheffield Wednesday?

I don't know, i assume you do know that they're not acting accordingly though? 

If not, then logic and a mere ounce of intelligence show that things aren't really being played out very well and the common denominator is the owner, it is rather silly to throw out such a straw man comment. 

What next mate, questioning the fans attitude for the ticket prices, too. 

2 hours ago, The Regulator said:

I do wonder how Chansiri has reflected on the outpouring of emotion in Leicester for one of his fellow countrymen. What Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha achieved there is the stuff of legend but it’s the connection and empathy with the paying customer and community that has been striking over the past few days, something that Chansiri seems to want to completely ignore.

Chansiri needs to look at Leicester if he wants to know what a true footballing family looks like.

To be fair if you’re expecting relegation and end up winning the premier league and all the riches that come with that, it’s probably the easiest position imaginable to curry favour with your fan base. 

They hit the jackpot. It would be an outrageously tight man who would take all the bounty for himself and not give back to the fans. 

Around the time they sacked Nigel Pearson I seem to remember Gary Linekar insinuating their chairman was stupid. Probably got a few re-tweets and favourites from the Leicester fans back then. 

5 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

To be fair if you’re expecting relegation and end up winning the premier league and all the riches that come with that, it’s probably the easiest position imaginable to curry favour with your fan base. 

They hit the jackpot. It would be an outrageously tight man who would take all the bounty for himself and not give back to the fans. 

Around the time they sacked Nigel Pearson I seem to remember Gary Linekar insinuating their chairman was stupid. Probably got a few re-tweets and favourites from the Leicester fans back then. 

You’re right. Of course, winning the premier league is one sure fire way of securing god-like status amongst your fan base. Indeed, had Chansiri taken us up in 15/16 his stock today would have been considerably higher. 

But he hasn’t helped himself. As a rule it’s been his way (on prices, shirts, badges, executive boxes, Radio Sheffield coverage, memberships) or the highway with little or no attempt to understand what being a Wednesdayite is all about.

Milan connected far more with us than Chansiri ever has.

28 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I don't know, i assume you do know that they're not acting accordingly though? 

I don't assume anything. I leave that to you. Who states as a fact in the opening gambit that players are being frozen out and that any toxicity is a one way street.

I've merely suggest that if you are correct that we'll shortly be hearing from the PFA about how they intend to combat this outrage.

I just don't know whether to take the word of forum members or the manager who works with them every single day...

Incidentally he says -:

"We have an old team and when the players get injured they  take more time to come back. There is nothing the players can do about that.

The reality is we have a squad with players who were injured last season but also now.

When you have an intensive programme and play three games in a week, we must see how they are. It is why in the last months I have changed players.

It is not because I like to do that but I must see how the players are physically.

When the physical side is a risk, we must change.

It is not that I like to change.

We must change when the risk of a player getting injured again in the next game is high.

Our medical team and sports science team give me everything every day. The reality is we have to sometimes make decision on whether players can play or not.

I know outside that people sometimes do not understand decisions but that is why I don't always give explanations for my changes.

For one player it maybe tactical situation. For one it maybe in the formation we play in or that the player who has played in the game before or two games before is physically in a risk situation. So then we must protect him from maybe getting injured again.

If not, then logic and a mere ounce of intelligence show that things aren't really being played out very well and the common denominator is the owner, it is rather silly to throw out such a straw man comment. 

Strawman argument is claiming that people are being frozen out left right and centre without providing a single thread of evidence other than the fact some players aren't playing.

With a 38 man squad in total-  they can't all play.

Neilson hasn't played for a few weeks. Is he being frozen out?

Or just not selected....

What next mate, questioning the fans attitude for the ticket prices, too. 

Absolutley not. Our ticket prices, to my mind, are outrageous for second division football.

And I'd said that from the off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

But he hasn’t helped himself. As a rule it’s been his way (on prices, shirts, badges, executive boxes, Radio Sheffield coverage, memberships) or the highway with little or no attempt to understand what being a Wednesdayite is all about.

Milan connected far more with us than Chansiri ever has.

All true, maybe he’s trying to hard to not be a pushover in a new sphere of business for him. Maybe he thinks putting the money in is enough. It’s certainly a tough gig having 10’s of thousands of fans questioning your every move and keeping them happy. 

1 hour ago, sharrowowl said:

And not many were complimentary of him when he sacked Ranieri...

It’s unfortunate for Jos really. When you look at Boyd, Jos wasn’t responsible for signing him or agreeing his contract yet gets the flack for not playing him when really Boyd doesn’t appear to have ever had a decent game the whole time he’s been here. It’s not a toxic family in this example, he’s just crap.

There's so many issues really, some understandable some tough to swallow.

The little picture - yes there are a lot of issues going on that is starting to push fans away. 
- Dire marketing where we are simply outclassed by United
- Bit of a shambles of player management by previous manager, possibly creeping in with Jos but too early to tell still
- Pricing structure (see big picture)
- Leeds & United currently cruising in a very winnable league, while we are so inconsistent
- Atmosphere, player injuries, lots of day to day unknowns making the fans loose patients

Big picture

- FFP - without it there is no doubt Chasiri would have put so much more into this club, and I really don't think he was aware of how bad it would handicap him. After a stunning first year he went for it as we had momentum (we would have been raging if he hadn't). But its single hand-idly put a huge cloud over this club possibly until 2020.
- Football is becoming so easy to fall out of love with due to costs, celebrity managers, sky favourites, sky sports in general. wembly becoming an NFL venue and weekly games.

- Death of the FA Cup
- The "top 6"
etc....

Unless we are doing well its so easy to turn back against the team and even the sport. Really think it's going to be some time till the club get it right, but you could list so many others who for the forseeable future, are truly stuffed if they want success and affordable entertainment.

Forest, Brum, Blackburn, Villa, Derby, Ipswich, Coventry, Sunderland - Big city clubs with a loyal and old fanbase.

Edited by BowOwl

5 hours ago, The Regulator said:

100% agree , I’m sure D.C. would love a similar relationship and we would love Leicester’s rise , He could do with looking at how  Vichai built Leicester to where they are now . Look at the legacy , affection and appreciation he has . As for me I can’t even afford to follow my team anymore something is not right .