Just another toxic 'family'?

When Chansiri came to S6 we were constantly told how we were part of the family that is Sheffield Wednesday and reminded at any opportunity that we don't sell family to other clubs. 

Senior players such as Westwood, Hutch, Jones, Boyd, Abdi etc are frozen out. This is just a toxic way to manage relationships. The precedent was set with how George Hirst was treated and how Carlos was unable to comment on it, now we're getting the same with Jos but more senior players, who can do better than some of the kids being thrown in at the deep end.

As each week goes by, each fans forum passes, there's more to be worried about, where are the signs of things being run better?

The only saving grace is that come the end of the season along with Jones £1.3 billion per year salary, we drop a number of top earners from the wage bill, but what kind of players will we attract that would be capable of keeping us competitive in this league? 

The whole culture at the club needs a overhaul, starting with the man at the top. I can accept mid table mediocrity, but lies, lack of transparency and a general uneasy feeling surrounding the club is what genuinely worries me now.

Just now, hawksmore said:

When Chansiri came to S6 we were constantly told how we were part of the family that is Sheffield Wednesday and reminded at any opportunity that we don't sell family to other clubs. 

Senior players such as Westwood, Hutch, Jones, Boyd, Abdi etc are frozen out. This is just a toxic way to manage relationships.

Relationships are two way streets.

Are our players and their agents saintly people who do everything in the best interests of Sheffield Wednesday?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do wonder how Chansiri has reflected on the outpouring of emotion in Leicester for one of his fellow countrymen. What Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha achieved there is the stuff of legend but it’s the connection and empathy with the paying customer and community that has been striking over the past few days, something that Chansiri seems to want to completely ignore.

Chansiri needs to look at Leicester if he wants to know what a true footballing family looks like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Senior players such as Westwood, Hutch, Jones, Boyd, Abdi etc are frozen out. This is just a toxic way to manage relationships. The precedent was set with how George Hirst was treated and how Carlos was unable to comment on it, now we're getting the same with Jos but more senior players, who can do better than some of the kids being thrown in at the deep end.

As each week goes by, each fans forum passes, there's more to be worried about, where are the signs of things being run better?

The only saving grace is that come the end of the season along with Jones £1.3 billion per year salary, we drop a number of top earners from the wage bill, but what kind of players will we attract that would be capable of keeping us competitive in this league? 

The whole culture at the club needs a overhaul, starting with the man at the top. I can accept mid table mediocrity, but lies, lack of transparency and a general uneasy feeling surrounding the club is what genuinely worries me now.

For me this season we’re still dealing with the past mistakes, we need to give DC the chance to start afresh and that won’t come with out a decent sized sale amount of a player or 2 and next summer, mistakes have been made but I still have faith in DC, for now.

5 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

For me this season we’re still dealing with the past mistakes, we need to give DC the chance to start afresh and that won’t come with out a decent sized sale amount of a player or 2 and next summer, mistakes have been made but I still have faith in DC, for now

Question in my mind is Are we dealing with them? Faith in DC is running low along with patience by the looks of things.

As a fan I would be willing to buy into wiping the slate clean if we were told that was the plan, everything so far under his leadership has been reactionary.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The lack of transparency is what gets me.

We had the fans forum where Chansiri sent across loads of mixed messages. Jos doesn't have the best grasp of English so we listen to his press conferences and things get lost in translation. There has never been clarity on the injuries.

Depends on which players, the players like Westwood, Jones and Hutchinson don't get mentioned but FF and Winnall do. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think there's longer in it. 

Not least since I doubt there's anyone waiting in the wings.

I agree but I can't see us recovering with DC at the helm. Far too many divisions have been created.

Sad because we were so close

16 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Question in my mind is Are we dealing with them? Faith in DC is running low along with patience by the looks of things.

As a fan I would be willing to buy into wiping the slate clean if we were told that was the plan, everything so far under his leadership has been reactionary.

Only time will tell if we’re dealing with them I suppose..

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think there's longer in it. 

Not least since I doubt there's anyone waiting in the wings.

I suspect he is staying on sufference.

Despite his initial intentions, this project has stalled. 

My own thoughts are he would take a small loss and clear out if he could. As I see us more like relegation candidates than play off possibles, I worry things will become unpleasant toward him after Xmas, and we will learn a lot more then.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

** I've avoided the cliche words such as toxic and turgid , only after a rethink **