Villa want Bannan

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We lost £10m in 2015/16 and the FFP is a 3 year rolling total based on actual account of of the two season before and the current season, 2016/17 season and a loss of £21m, last season loss will be a similar figure so this season we have to better the loss of £10m to not break FFP.

Working out roughly with the savings on salaries of release players last season, the transfer fee of Hunt, loan fee of Rhodes and the saving on their wages we probably have reduce the loss of of around £20m last year to £12m ish this year so would need probably in the region of £3m-5m to not break FFP.

The grey area is the losses for last season not being revealed yet and how much of the losses are allowed for FFP like the £500,000 for youth development. That's why I am going for £5m to be safe.

We will know better once the accounts for last season are released.  

Thanks for that. I suppose in that case we are still going to have problems when the 15/16 season drops away and the FFP figures are based on 16/17; 17/18 and 18/19. Surely there would be a 40 million loss just for the two seasons alone from 16/17?

32 minutes ago, Animis said:

This is my understanding.

Therefore, if we do raise any funds by selling BB, FF or Reach, there's around £5M savings in salaries alone of these three over the financial year, but apportioned would be less.

The sales receipts - roughly speaking £10m a piece could be reinvested into the team re-building which seems to have started.

Whether Jos and DC look at BB, FF and Reach as part of the future is the question.

Remember , transfer fees are usually received over 3 years.

We need some breadhead to tell us how accruals etc affect our balance sheet and FFP regs.

Just now, Philb125 said:

Just had a look myself in championship and league one for assists / goals and who’s standing out. Interestingly hourihane who someone said is vastly overrated tops assist charts, alongside a centerback from Millwall. 

We absolutely need a season of bringing in new talent and trying to turn a profit on a few of our star players as we balance books, blood in younguns before we can regroup and go again.  

My worry with the owls though is we are relying on unproven youngster to plug the gap of experienced proven pros, we do have some great young players coming through but are they ready for the championship.

Dawson could be a great player in a few season but what is currently happening with the team could set his development back when a more experience head may have so to speak put his foot on the ball and calmed things down.

Jos for me is still to prove he is the right man for the job, I heard good things when he arrived, he was the build from the back type but this season I think unless things change quickly we could very soon see ourselves in a relegation battle. 

After thinking about it, and although he’s a class player, I really do think it’s time to sell 

We’ve had the same ‘game plan’ for three years now, give it to bannan and hope he does something with it 

We must be the easiest team to play against, opposition sides know that we go through him for everything 

Its time to mix things up 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

To adhere to the FFP we need about another £5m this season everything else is a bonus so yes it can be used to buy new players just not all of it.

We could get a decent standard loan from the premier league to cover Bannan or we could promote from within after all thats the Jos way is it not players 19-23 years old.

Onomah?.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

My worry with the owls though is we are relying on unproven youngster to plug the gap of experienced proven pros, we do have some great young players coming through but are they ready for the championship.

Dawson could be a great player in a few season but what is currently happening with the team could set his development back when a more experience head may have so to speak put his foot on the ball and calmed things down.

Jos for me is still to prove he is the right man for the job, I heard good things when he arrived, he was the build from the back type but this season I think unless things change quickly we could very soon see ourselves in a relegation battle. 

I think that meant 'Play from the back through midfield' more than build the team from the back.

I would prefer the 2nd, but then I am 78 yrs young and I suppose I am a fossil in some eyes.

9 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Onomah?.

The guy has good pedigree but if you don't play him in his position he doesn't play well, he is an attacking midfielder not holding midfielder, useless you have a proper defensive midfielder of league quality like Hutch then Onomah spends to long covering for him (Pelupessy) - you need work man like midfielders to allow the gifted ones to play currently we don't have a midfielder playing who does the workman stuff well.

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I think that meant 'Play from the back through midfield' more than build the team from the back.

I would prefer the 2nd, but then I am 78 yrs young and I suppose I am a fossil in some eyes.

I think Megson used to do this you give a team a solid back line so you at least get points and clean sheets then you build from there. He did this when he got WBA promoted both times.

I though Jos would be the same but your guess is as good as mine with him.

If Bannan goes for a decent price we could get a player with 6 months of his contract left who with his current team in league 1 and championship level has scored a goal ever 3 games (25 in 78) he is 24 years old and scored against us this season. This season so far he has 4 goals and 4 assists in the games he has played.

For me if Bannan is sold then Nick Powell is the guy I would want to replace him.

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If Bannan goes for a decent price we could get a player with 6 months of his contract left who with his current team in league 1 and championship level has scored a goal ever 3 games (25 in 78) he is 24 years old and scored against us this season. This season so far he has 4 goals and 4 assists in the games he has played.

For me if Bannan is sold then Nick Powell is the guy I would want to replace him.

The figure quoted on bbc sport is 8 million

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

They got taken over.

So the answer to any financial problems in football is to get taken  over..

Then the simple solution to our problems is for our Chairman to sell the club to his son and that will solve our problems....

1 minute ago, outlaw pete said:

So the answer to any financial problems in football is to get taken  over..

Then the simple solution to our problems is for our Chairman to sell the club to his son and that will solve our problems....

No. That doesn't get round FFP/P&S