Villa want Bannan

we do have to sell some people some times. If Villa offer silly money then take it and re-invest in talented youngsters and keep it going. We are the worst at this, Hunt being sold for 1.6 Million being our biggest fee received in a long time is a disgrace with all the transfer money swirling around. We need to bring in youngsters, sell on for a pretty profit and sprinkle in some, some experience. That's the right formula for the long term in my eyes.

I think it's inevitable that players will be sold in January. As much as I think we're in what for the most part of this century has become known as our annual relegation battle. We can't afford to start next season wherever we may be with a points deduction. I don't believe even Mr C would be that stubborn as to risk this?

I do agree with what has already been posted about the cycle of this group of players coming to an end. They've had the best part of 4-6 years together and it looks as though we're going to remain in the championship or worse? Is Jos the right man to build this new era?  I don't think so but if he's still here come the end of the season, I think he may be given the opportunity? If he is then, at least we can sleep soundly in our beds knowing Dawson will continue to be our No 1. Let the Negging Brigade feel free to come out in full force :biggrin::laugh:garymegson:tango::manager:lol

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 minute ago, striker said:

Reunite with winnall?

That's what I thought. Like posters have been saying, Reach goes in the summer for £10-15m, FF for £5-8m, and that goes toward FFP, with the release of Players like Westwood, Jones and Boyd, free's up wages for a new crop of younger players either from abroad, Brexit allowing, or from ourown Leagues.

3 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I realise that there will HAVE to be some sacraficial FFP lambs..............................but the unseemly haste that some posters have in wanting to get rid of our best player is staggering.

Think they are just being realistic, been obvious for a while some players will have to go. Makes sense in the circumstances to get rid of a player on form when we can get maximum amount for him.

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think they are just being realistic, been obvious for a while some players will have to go. Makes sense in the circumstances to get rid of a player on form when we can get maximum amount for him.

I get that Matt..............its the footballing ahem..sophistos quoting his "stats" to justify the decision that do my nut in.

Selling Bannan, Reach, FF in the short term will satisfy the financial requirements of the league short term but how much of that could be spent on new players?

Lets face it, if we do sell our better players it will be below their true value due to our financial predicament and there is no way we would be able to replace them with better or even equal players for the same money even if we were allowed to spend it, so assuming we have learned our lesson of not buying over the hill crocks looking for a last pay day we would be buying lower league/ younger players and rebuilding for probably the next 3-5 years.

So this would be Aston Villa adhering to the financial Fair play laws then or are they just getting all the players in before they breach the rules next season.

Though I wouldn't £8m for Bannan £12m for Reach that sorts the mess of finances the club is in, we can bring a few in as replacements and start the rebuilding job early.

Would also mean we could afford appearance bonuses for our best players to actually be able to play.

21 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Think some people need to realise the money raised through player sales can't be reinvested into a rebuild.

To adhere to the FFP we need about another £5m this season everything else is a bonus so yes it can be used to buy new players just not all of it.

We could get a decent standard loan from the premier league to cover Bannan or we could promote from within after all thats the Jos way is it not players 19-23 years old.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

To adhere to the FFP we need about another £5m this season everything else is a bonus so yes it can be used to buy new players just not all of it.

We could get a decent standard loan from the premier league to cover Bannan or we could promote from within after all thats the Jos way is it not players 19-23 years old.

I'm genuinely interested in how this is worked out mate. I hope you are correct as others have mentioned 15 million being the break even figure for FFP. Can you explain because I don't know what to believe anymore.

7 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I'm genuinely interested in how this is worked out mate. I hope you are correct as others have mentioned 15 million being the break even figure for FFP. Can you explain because I don't know what to believe anymore.

We lost £10m in 2015/16 and the FFP is a 3 year rolling total based on actual account of of the two season before and the current season, 2016/17 season and a loss of £21m, last season loss will be a similar figure so this season we have to better the loss of £10m to not break FFP.

Working out roughly with the savings on salaries of release players last season, the transfer fee of Hunt, loan fee of Rhodes and the saving on their wages we probably have reduce the loss of of around £20m last year to £12m ish this year so would need probably in the region of £3m-5m to not break FFP.

The grey area is the losses for last season not being revealed yet and how much of the losses are allowed for FFP like the £500,000 for youth development. That's why I am going for £5m to be safe.

We will know better once the accounts for last season are released.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Malkmus said:

Decent player.

Gives the ball away as much as the others but maybe because he has more of the ball.

Creates very little.

Scores very few.

Ensures our gutless team don't have to take personal responsibility.

8-10 would be a decent deal.

Reach for 12-15 and the expected clear out at the end of the season and we might be in an ok place in the summer.

Sell FF and we can start to build again.

Lets not keep repeating the mistake and not cashing in, only to see them eventually loose all value to the team as well as financial value.

I think if we did just one of those deals, coupled with the frugal approach this season and the amount of players going in the summer we would have wriggle room to sign some decent players again within reason. If we did all three then even moreso.

The problem is replacing them and trying to stay up whilst doing so. I think we’ve done ok on transfer fees with the exception of Rhodes but our wage structure needs to change 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We lost £10m in 2015/16 and the FFP is a 3 year rolling total based on actual account of of the two season before and the current season, 2016/17 season and a loss of £21m, last season loss will be a similar figure so this season we have to better the loss of £10m to not break FFP.

Working out roughly with the savings on salaries of release players last season, the transfer fee of Hunt, loan fee of Rhodes and the saving on their wages we probably have reduce the loss of of around £20m last year to £12m ish this year so would need probably in the region of £3m-5m to not break FFP.

The grey area is the losses for last season not being revealed yet and how much of the losses are allowed for FFP like the £500,000 for youth development. That's why I am going for £5m to be safe.

We will know better once the accounts for last season are released.  

This is my understanding.

Therefore, if we do raise any funds by selling BB, FF or Reach, there's around £5M savings in salaries alone of these three over the financial year, but apportioned would be less.

The sales receipts - roughly speaking £10m a piece could be reinvested into the team re-building which seems to have started.

Whether Jos and DC look at BB, FF and Reach as part of the future is the question.

28 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think if we did just one of those deals, coupled with the frugal approach this season and the amount of players going in the summer we would have wriggle room to sign some decent players again within reason. If we did all three then even moreso.

The problem is replacing them and trying to stay up whilst doing so. I think we’ve done ok on transfer fees with the exception of Rhodes but our wage structure needs to change 

Last season there was the guy from Walsall available on a free Oztumer who eventually went to Bolton it will be interesting to see how he fair this season in the championship as in 3 season in league 1 he scored a lot of goals from midfield and created a lot of goals for others but is 27 years old, a player who should be entering his prime he could be a low cost replacement if we got rid of Bannan or Fessi for the play maker role.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Last season there was the guy from Walsall available on a free Oztumer who eventually went to Bolton it will be interesting to see how he fair this season in the championship as in 3 season in league 1 he scored a lot of goals from midfield and created a lot of goals for others but is 27 years old, a player who should be entering his prime he could be a low cost replacement if we got rid of Bannan or Fessi for the play maker role.

Just had a look myself in championship and league one for assists / goals and who’s standing out. Interestingly hourihane who someone said is vastly overrated tops assist charts, alongside a centerback from Millwall. 

We absolutely need a season of bringing in new talent and trying to turn a profit on a few of our star players as we balance books, blood in younguns before we can regroup and go again.