Villa want Bannan

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

They know we are shagged financially so they aren't going to pay mega bucks, if we get 10m for him that has to be considered excellent busy and step in the right direction regarding FFP.

That logic only only works if only Villa want him.

There will be a queue for Bannan and Reach, and therefore a price-war.

Guest wilyfox

Would I sell a 29yr old Bannan for £8m? Yes I would.

Would I sell in prime Reach for £12m+? Yes I would.

Would I sell 29yr old enigma Forestieri for £6m+? Yes I would.

We need to start over. That means clearing the decks and generating money to do so. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We need to start over. That means clearing the decks and generating money to do so. 

I agree.

But let's make use of them this season and see where it takes us.

Decent player.

Gives the ball away as much as the others but maybe because he has more of the ball.

Creates very little.

Scores very few.

Ensures our gutless team don't have to take personal responsibility.

8-10 would be a decent deal.

Reach for 12-15 and the expected clear out at the end of the season and we might be in an ok place in the summer.

Sell FF and we can start to build again.

Lets not keep repeating the mistake and not cashing in, only to see them eventually loose all value to the team as well as financial value.

Edited by Malkmus
Missed a bit off

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I agree.

But let's make use of them this season and see where it takes us.

It won't take us anywhere - but interest in them might go elsewhere. If big bids come in, we should be taking them. Reach & Bannan have been in superlative form, yet look how we're doing... Forestieri hasn't shown much since the season before last. Time for reality to sink in. The cycle for this group is over. Start a new one. 

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agree, Forestieri not been same player since first season and we all know how temperamental he is. Should have snapped Fulham’s hand off when they were interested at 15 mil. Another mistake from chansiri added to the growing list. 

If BB is our heart beat.  We are struggling.   People do realise his stats are not great.   of the 21 goals we have scored this season he has only been directly involved in 3.  Wow he has 300 passes a game and does bugger all with them.    Sorry he can go for me

34 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Agree, Forestieri not been same player since first season and we all know how temperamental he is. Should have snapped Fulham’s hand off when they were interested at 15 mil. Another mistake from chansiri added to the growing list. 

Fulham interested at 15m 

Bloke in boozer gossip?

This is just how I feel, Allthough I think we may be looking at between 25 and 30 million for these player sales. Let's clear the debt and start again. I think DC has learned his lesson about wasting the cash and will be a lot more considerate before before throwing the transfer kitty away. 

We don't have the quality to challenge for promotion this season and even without Bannan, Reach and FF I have confidence in Jos to keep us up as he did well without Bannan and FF for the most last season.

Add to that the none playing and injured Big wage earners like Westwood, Abdi, Jones and Hooper will be gone.

For the first time in a long time we have some quality youngsters coming through and we would have money to spend, let's add to these youngsters and start an exciting rebuild.

• Like 1

In an ideal world, we should be building a new team around the likes of Reach, Bannon and FF but I suspect that Jos's brief is to build a team without any of the high earners (hence why he doesn't play many of them) so that they can be unloaded from January onwards.

Even so, losing players (even on free transfer terms) in January might be too little and too late for FFP/P&S and therefore Bannan, Reach and FF are our most saleable assets to offset the overspend of the previous seasons.

In the meantime, the U23s are gathering more experience but they need to be consistent Championship performers otherwise we will struggle.

That is possibly the extent of Jos's mission.

Not going to lie but I'd be devastated if he was to go. One of the best technically I've seen in a Wednesday shirt, and when we play well, he looks different class at times. Unfortunately I can see him going. Why would he stay with us when teams will be throwing money at him and he can have a better chance at playing at the top level.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

hear hear …..

No way Bannan is going back to Villa. He got dogs abuse from the fans even when he was doing well. Got to the point where he stopped taking corners because he was getting so much abuse when he went over to take them.

He's had more downs than ups in his career and if some Palace mates are to be believed, has battled some off-field problems as well so whilst i couldn't blame him for leaving if an offer came from somewhere he thinks he might be better off, there's also a decent chance that he does actually like the stability here and the big fish in a small pond status.

Edited by londonowl

Not that I'd advocate it based on our recent competency in recruitment, but in a scenario where bids are forthcoming, as suggested by interest.....

Bannan £10m

Reach £15m

Plus wages and employer costs c£2.5-3m

Added to the c£12m saved from releasing players in the summer contributes c£40m towards FFP/P&S to rebuild. How much would we need to rebuild and balance the squad?

Would anyone take this?

Edited by striker